Wednesday, February 25, 2009

3 Challenges in 1 ...


Happy Ash Wednesday to you All!!!



I'm running short on time this week so today I have completed 3 challenge on 1 card. They are: today's Sketch Challenge over on SCS ... today's Color Challenge on the Color Throwdown Blog and this past Saturday's Our Creative Corner Challenge to use a tag on your creation.
The colors for today are Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue. As you can see by the layout, inchies were a perfect choice for today's sketch challenge so I chose to use the Inkadinkado (butterflies & birds) set which I've had for some time now and had yet to get inky. They worked perfectly! My sentiment comes from the Crafty Secrets (bird lover's) set and was made in tag form using my rectangle Nestabilities. My background was created using the Stampin' Up crosshatch stamp. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I inked it first using Old Olive (don't have kiwi kiss ink yet!) then overlayed here & there with Not Quite Navy ink. I used Versafine black ink for the inchies and Not Quite Navy ink for my sentiment. My only embellishments here are the rafia and 1 Making Memories blue brad. Oh yea, I did use a SU watercolor turquoise pencil & blender pen to color in the eggs.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!! Hope the sun is shining where you are today!!

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! You rocked the colors, Dar and I love the raffia on this, too! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Darlene, just love it. Very sweet and I love the sentiment.
    Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Darlene!! Love your colors and the scallops!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet little images! Great combination of challenges! Thanks for playing the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet little images! Great combination of challenges! Thanks for playing the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Darlene! I love your colors and the CS images are just adorable!!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! I love the raffia! 3 challenges in one card! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun with the birds! I made mine a triple header too! so many challenges so little time! love the bg stamping on this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is wonderful, and great take on three challenges! Love those little Inchies!
    We definitely have sun here...temp will be screaming up to uppper 80's again today. Eeesh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.