Sunday, February 15, 2009

OCC - Sketch Challenge


Here is the card I made for this weekend's challenge over on Our Creative Corner. It's a sketch challenge and you know how much I LOVE sketch challenges!!! (click on image for larger view)



The base card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 in size and I've cut my card from a 12x12 sheet from the DCWV Luxury pack. The other papers I've used are SU Chocolate Chip, Ivory cardstock and my floral designer paper is from the Basic Grey Sugared 6x6 pack. I've used my new Martha Stewart border punch for the ivory panels. For the hearts I used the yellow sized Marvy heart punch and punched them from Pixie Pink & Pink Pirouette paper. I've used mauve Stickles to add a little sparkle. My main image is by Stampabilities and the sentiment comes from the new Crafty Secrets set "Bouquet of Joy".
Here is how the shadowing around the main image is achieved: Stamp your image, die cut it with Nesabilities and BEFORE removing the image from the stencil, sponge out around with your color matching ink. When you remove the stencil, you have this nice little edge and the sponging really brings focus to your image. A little trick I learned from one of my favorite stampers ... Sharon Johnson (notimetostamp).
Thanks for stopping by ... please come back! Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your stamped image and how you made her pop with the inking technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card!! LOVE those punched borders!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.