Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Reminder - EASTER is ...

. . . EARLY this year!  That's right ... Easter 2012 is on APRIL 8th.


 I have a customer who has requested I do a 'CARD party' for her at her house.  (This is where I bring all my cards which I have categorized & individually sleeved for everyone to look through and choose the ones they want/need). She has invited 4-5 other ladies who have seen my cards and want to see more (YEAH!!).  We have scheduled the party for St. Patrick's Day ... March 17th and she has already informed me of some of the cards the ladies will be looking for!  Of course, one of the requests is EASTER creations ...

I had this wonderful EASTER Creative Scraps sheet from Crafty Secrets in my stash and thought that would be a good place to get my mojo started.  These images are ADORABLE and no coloring required ... which really helps!  Here's what I've come up with so far . . .




 

This last card image is NOT from Crafty Secrets.  Rather, it is a rubber stamp by Paper Inspirations which I have inked with Memento 'Dandelion' ink and I'm sure you recognize the background panel as being embossed using the Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dot' embossing folder.
I have many more creations to complete before our 'CARD PARTY' and as time allows, will share them with you here on my blog.  You never know when something might inspire you ... or even jump start your mojo!

Since the party is being held on St. Patrick's Day, there is no need for additional St. Patty's Day creations, however, this same lady has requested I make & send her a couple of cards  that she can send to the college students that she stays in touch with.  Here's what I have created for her ...


Keep in mind, this lady DOES NOT like 'cutsy' so I tried to keep them kind of simple ... yet thought that possibly the college students may enjoy a bit of 'cutsy' ... hope she likes them! Sorry for the LONG post, but I hope you've enjoyed seeing my creations and maybe even have drawn inspiration from a few!

Qualifying Challenges for the St. Patrick's Day Cards:\
Sweet Stamps Blog #55 - St. Patrick's Day
The Scrapbooking Queen - Anything Goes & Green
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge - Color Your World - No Brown or Black
 House of Gilli - Gilli Goes Green


{{DEEP BREATH}} ... okay, time to get back to 'work' (play).  Thanks for stopping by today and I wish you a FABULOUS week ahead!

Hugs,
Darlene

5 comments:

  1. Wow- that is an amazing posting of cards! I think you will do well with your sale- you have so many awesome cards- and there is a ton of creative inspiration in your post! I love the St Patrick's Day cards too- being Irish I always enjoy seeing the different takes on the holiday. Thanks so much for joining in the Sweet Stamps challenge- so fun to see blog friends playing in the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful Dar! I especially like the stamped one in yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are gorgeous, the St. Patrick's Day cards are adorable. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely a delicious to watch your Easter cards,,,,,,,Darlene,,, I love how youuse colored back and not the usual white,,,,,love it,,,,,,,really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are all amazing!!!! The little leprechaun is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.