Thursday, February 9, 2012

Two more FUN challenges today ...

Since the start of the new year, I've been trying to play along with at least one of the challenges over on Splitcoast Stampers.  This week I've only found time to join in the sketch challenge.  I have used one of my new images from Nicecrane Designs from the 'Vintage Magazine Cover' collection which are available in his store NOW!

Recipe:
Papers:  White cardstock, Colorbok 'Rosewood' patterned pack (Walmart)
Accessories:  Distrezz-it-All, 7 Gypsies tag, Fiskars swivel craft knife, pop dots, gold Stickles, TH burlap distress ink, gold satin ribbon

Another fun challenge I try not to miss out on, is the one over at Joan's Gardens!  With this winter being SO MILD, Joan & Selma have challenged us to make a card using the following theme:

  • Create a Spring Card
  • Color theme should be blue and white
  • Use some type of lattice
  • Perhaps-- add a bird

Well, as you can see, I certainly took the SPRING thing to heart.  I created my 'sky' using light blue cardstock which I've stamped using white pigment ink and an Ala Art 'sky' rubber stamp.  Then made the 'tree branch' using both Momento 'Bamboo Leaves' green ink and Versafine black ink to stamp my Stampscapes 'Leafy Branch' stamp twice.  The birds/cage are Tim Holtz and the lattice fence & grass are Martha Stewart punches.  (The grass is actually the icicle punch ... turned up side down.)  Punches & dies were purchased at Joan's Gardens.  If you haven't been to her online store ... you are MISSING OUT!  Pop on over to see what she has in the store that you CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT!!

Well, it's nearly dinner hour here so I'd best get out of my crafting 'cave' and into the kitchen!  Hope you are all having a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!! 

Please stop back tomorrow when I'll have more NEW CREATIONS using the latest images available at NICECRANE DESIGNS.  If you love vintage like I do, you'll want to see these latest images being added to his online store!!

Till tomorrow!
Hugs,
Darlene

7 comments:

  1. So cute Darlene. I love the birds in the cage and tree.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challege.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Darlene. This is so cute. I love your whole scene. That is a fabulous sky and I love the tree branch too. Thanks again for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous creation. Love the vintage style and warm colours of the first and with the second creation one can actually hear the cute birdies sing for joy in the spring garden.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwww Darlene I really love the creativity . You used my Photoplay Cover in a stunning way. wowww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute! I have that Martha Stewart border punch but I never thought of it as a fence... it looks great! Your whole card is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Card Darlene, wonderful jog.
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.