Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge

Good Morning One & All!
I'm on the turnpike headed for a workshop at Joan's Gardens in North Liberty, Indiana and I hope this post came live when it was supposed to!  LOL!

Today's challenge at The Sisterhood is a theme that unfortunately we all have a card need for from time to time ... and that is:

SYMPATHY

It seems to be such a crazy busy time of the year for everyone right now, with the kids headed back to school and families trying to get that last little bit of summer vacation worked into their schedules.  So just in case my 'sistahs' found themselves 'out of time', I decided to create THREE cards for you today.  

 This card was created using a fun technique for DARK papers.  What I've done is stamp my image onto black cardstock using white CHALK ink.  Then I've used the Pebbles Inc. Pearlescent chalks with the small cotton balls supplied in the chalk kit for my coloring.  GENTLY swept away the excess chalk with a tissue and quickly heat set it with my heat gun.  A white gelly roll pen was used for the little dot accents.  

If you'd like me to do a tutorial on this method just leave me a comment and I would be glad to do that for you.

The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with the Ranger Embossing Pearl powder (Green).  Now this embossing powder is designed to be used on DARK papers since it looks white in the jar but actually comes out to be a different color when heat set.  I have the purple, blue & green and they are all gorgeous on the dark paper!
 
 These next two cards are pretty simple designs.  Above I have used the SU 'Thoughts & Prayer' stamp set, old olive & black cardstock and green organza ribbon from Michaels.  EASY PEASY!
 
 For this last card I have created my own background using a rubber stamp and Versamark directly onto the Old Olive cardstock.   The tree branch silhouette is a Stampscapes stamp and the sentiment is from the SU 'Close as a Memory' set.  I've used the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Olive Branches' #B147 die & a Prima flower as my embellishments.

Other qualifying challenges are:
Anything Goes Challenge - Make Your Own Background (card #3)
  Cards & More - Color Inspiration + Swirls (card #1)

That's it for me today.  I hope you'll come over to The Sisterhood of Crafters and share your creations with us.  We'd love to have you join in our challenges (and there's a prize too).

I'll be sure to share photos of my fun trip to Indiana next week (if I remember my camera this time!)
OH and a quick reminder ...
Don't forget to CLICK HERE for the easy details 
on how you could win my BLOGAVERSARY CANDY!
I've added 4 additional items (will add photos to the original post).

11 comments:

  1. I would like to have you do a tutorial on the chalk coloring technique...please. Looks very interesting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Mary ... no problem. I will work up a tutorial next week after I get back home from my workshop in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Dar, this black one is stunning! I really like the others too. They're beautiful in their own right, but, the first one is a knockout! I too would like to see how this came together. I've never heard of these chalks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Cards Darleen - can't wait for the tutorial and have fun on your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Love how you made your own background with the stamp.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant cards with a great backgrounds, just perfect for our challenge.
    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards- the black with the chalk is so striking and pretty! Love the green too- pretty but elegant- and I love the ribbon. Seems I have been needing lots of Sympathy cards lately......!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for displaying your cards and ideas Dar - very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene that card with the black cardstock is so eye catching. I love them both but it definitely is my fave. Terrific work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of lovely inspiration. The black card is so stunning, but I love the clean and simple feel to the others. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.