Monday, May 13, 2013

FAMILY fun . . .

What a wonderful Mother's Day we had yesterday!

My mom was thrilled to have 'all her kids' together for lunch!  It's been awhile since that has happened and I was so glad to see the smile on her face!!  She had such a great time!















As you can see, my daughter Carolyn wasted no time getting started on lunch ... boy, that must have been a long sermon at church because she was starving!  Kidding ... we were just acting a fool and having a good time!  I threatened to put this on FB (which I did) ... lol .... oh boy, I'd better watch what I'm doing ... you know what they say about payback!  LOL!!!

My Daughter & Granddaughter 
 (Mother & Daughter ????  or Sisters???)

After lunch hubby & I went back to daughter's house where we had dessert!  YUMMMMMMMO!!

Homemade Angel Food Cake ... Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream and Frozen Strawberry Coolie ... OMG can you say CALORIES??  LOL!  But HEY ... It's Mother's Day ... we indulged and LOVED IT!!!

Not much crafting today!  It was rainy over the weekend so my lawn grew in leaps & bounds ... can you guess what I spent my day doing?  Yep ... and it looks awesome now!  Though, I must say I nearly froze ... the sun was warm but the wind was blowing and since it's only in the 40s today ... brrrrrr!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you had as wonderful a weekend as I did!
As Always . . .

5 comments:

  1. That really sounds like you all had a truly wonderful Mother's Day Darlene! You have such a lovely family, the love between you all really shows! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, I always so appreciate you coming round to pay me a visit! Have a lovely day, hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks yummy, Isn't it great to have family around you?. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had so much fun...and the food looks yummy, too....I will be outside today, its to be in the 80's...yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, come check out Clearly iStamp....we have some exciting news and an ALL DAY CHALLENGE!! Hope you can play with us!
    Kathy D.
    http://www.clearlyistamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like y'all had a fabulous day! Was chilly here yesterday-mid 60s! Today much better in the low 80s so we went for a long ride on the Harley. :) a belated happy Mother's Day to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.