Sunday, March 18, 2018

Pretty Pink Flowers . . .

Happy Day All!
I hope you're off to a GREAT start!

Today I have a card to share that was created for the 'new to me' challenge over on
The Flower Challenge Blog where, flowers are the focus!


I have had this Heartfelt Creations 'Sunkissed' Flower Stamp & Die set for several years now and always forget to play with them!  Well, today's the day and they worked perfectly for what I had in mind for this challenge.
What do you think?


After stamping my flowers with Versafine Onyx ink, I ran them through my vagabond using the coordinating die cut.  BUT, before removing them from the die, I used Tim Holtz 'picked raspberry' oxide ink, water & an artist brush to apply the color.  I like how it leaves a bit of white space on the edges.  After stacking, I've used Nuvo yellow crystal drops for the flower centers.

Memory Box - Dies - Peony Oval Frame
Even though I have plain oval dies, I originally cut the Memory Box 'Peony Oval Frame' (had a different design idea) and didn't want to waste it so 'ran with it' by turning it on it's side and inlaid it back into the cut panel.  The background panel is the last scrap piece of a beautiful 12x12 sheet that I though would make a nice coordinating background to my flowers.  The Tutti Designs Happy and Birthday (the larger of the set of 2 for each word) pops out nicely die cut in white on the black floral background.


What a fun challenge and I'm very pleased with the outcome of my card.

Challenges to share in:
Crafter's Cafe Challenge #192 - Handmade Flowers
 Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March Challenge - ATG with Patterned Paper
Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #105 - Make it Feminine
CCC Digi Creations Challenge #90 - For the Girls

Wishing you a fabulous week ahead and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!

As always ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.