Saturday, March 31, 2018

A little bird told me ...

Hello My Friends
and Happy Easter Eve!

I'm sure it's just as busy at your house as it is at mine but before all the fun and festivities begin, I wanted to create a card for the new challenge over on the Seize the Birthday Challenge Blog.


Their "Toppings" option this time is...
"BIRDS"

Or you can simply do 


Today I decided to go with one of my all time favorite Heartfelt Creations stamp/die sets called 'Birds & Blooms'  I must admit, I never got around to purchasing the die specific to THIS particular image (branch and birds) so I had to do a bit of fussy cutting but I'm still happy with the outcome.

The birdhouses were actually laying on the work table from a different project, where they didn't get used  ... as was the Hugs sentiment.  So, I figured why not use these elements in my design vs them laying around and possibly getting tossed.


Today I decided to blow the dust off my prisma pencils for my coloring.  Boy am I out of practice ... but still not too bad!!  LOL  How do you like the background paper?  It's from a VERY old 12x12 DCWV paper pack and this was a scrap that I thought just might give me the look I was after.   Worked perfectly!!

Challenges to share in:
A Gem of a Challenge #216 - Female Birthday with a Sentiment
Brown Sugar Challenge #276 - Spring or Easter

 Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you have a fabulous Easter  weekend!

As Always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, DCWV 12x12 designer paper, teal cs, light blue cs
Stamps:  Heartfelt Creations Fluffy Birdies (HCPC-3646), Birds & Blooms (HCPC-3644), Art Impressions
Dies:  Heartfelt Creations Birds & Blooms (HCD1-756), Cheery Lynn Designs 'Birdhouse w/lattice' (B418), Technique Tuesday 'Hugs' (DIY098)
Accessories:  Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Blending stumps, Scotch 3D tape, Clear embossing powder, Fiskars swivel craft knife
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.