Friday, March 16, 2018

Dies R Us Inspiration - Happy Birthday

Hello friends ...
 Today I have a card to share for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog
and it's a birthday card that I think could be used for either a man or a woman!


I recently purchased this Memory Box Cat Tail Sunrise die and couldn't wait to create with it!

Memory Box - Dies - Cat Tail Sunrise

The first thing I did was die cut it from white card stock then color it using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.


Next I wanted to create my background.  So, using a 4x6 panel of watercolor paper, I die cut a large rectangle using the Tutti Designs 'Cross Stitched Nesting Rectangles then got busy with watercoloring both panels.  The outside panel using Tim Holtz Oxide 'Amber' and the center panel using Tim Holtz Oxide 'Broken China'.

YES ... did you know DRU now carries inks, papers, adhesives, etc?
Be sure to pop over and check it out!!!


Once I put my panels together and adhered the Cat Tail Sunrise panel,
I decided to make it a birthday card and used the Penny Black 'Your Day' birthday greeting die.

Penny Black - Dies - Your Day

Next came the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Lace Corner Deco E' corner embellishments.  This set of corner dies happens to be one of my favorites.  They are just the right size and there are THREE different patterned dies in the set.  How cool is that!!

Cheery Lynn Designs - Lace Corner Deco E

Remember, if you ever find the die you want is Out Of Stock ...
Click on the 'Put Me On The Waiting List', fill out the form and you will be notified as soon as that die is back in stock!

So there you have it!!
I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!

Here's one more peek at the finished card . . .


Please remember, each an every day of the month there's a new inspiration sample shared on the blog by this fabulous design team.  Please be sure to pop in regularly.

Also, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.

Challenges to share in:
Always Happy Birthday March Challenge - ATG
Creatalicious Challenge #135 - ATG option/birthday
The Creative Crafters Challenge #2 - ATG

 For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

click below for:

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.