Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything WOOD Related

Hello dear friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over

 Our hostess today is Katy and the theme she has chosen is:

Anything WOOD Related
(image, texture, paper or embellishment)

Here's what I have to share ...
 

 This card actually came together rather quickly since I already had my cute owl put together and just waiting to be showcased on a card.   Here are the dies I've used . . .

 and




 Impression Obsession - Dies - Everyday Top Edgers

My background paper is by Mintay and is called 'Wilderness'.  This is 2-sided paper and I have showcased both sides of this sheet.  The plaid is the strip I cut off to make my 'log' panel the right size for an A6 card.


I've used what ink was remaining on the large daubers of two different blue shades of Tim Holtz oxide distress ink to create my sky.  And the little butterfly is of course yet another little dodad that was laying on my work table and was begging to be added!  LOL


I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 See you there!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

13 comments:

  1. Super cute card, gotta love those little peekers, cute design too...funny how we both used a few of the same things....and of course LOVE the Mintay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl's face is absolutely precious! And I love the mix of plaid with the log pattern paper. Great assortment of Autumn colors! Love it, Sistah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute owl, he makes me smile!!! Adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Darlene. The little owl is so cute and the background you've created is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! So cute! I just saw Diane's post and now yours... I'm just beside myself with the adorableness of it! If I saw these Cottage Cutz dies on sale I'd be all over them. Maybe I'm due for a trip over there (but still so much new stuff on my table). Such a cute card, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is so stinkin' cute. I love that owl. I love that you also had such great pattern papers that showed off the wood look as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness is that ever too adorable, and you have the perfect papers to go with him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards always have a way of making me happy and this little guy is just too cute. He makes me smile every time I look at him. Have a great upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the owl,this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Darlene, this card won my heart with that adorable owl! He is so cute! Your details make such a great autumn card. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Darlene.
    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!
    You made an adorable card for the Challenge. I like the little owl very much.
    Have a great weekend and hugs from Holland, Crealientje.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little owl peeking out behind the log is so adorable! I love the wood slice paper in the background you used too. Just a perfect combination for a totally cute card. Happy fall my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.