Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Make The Cards Challenge #26

 

 Welcome back friends!

It's time for a new challenge over on  Make The Cards Challenge.
Today we are having a skektch challenge ...

 

 My first thought was a slimline card for this sketch but between my computer and my worktable I totally forgot that point (old age ya know, lol) and began my background panel on a 4x6 watercolor sheet  ... ugh!  So an A6 card it is!  LOL

To get the background silhouette, I knew I wanted to use a technique I had seen on one of my friends blogs where you ink up a watercolor panel using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink, THEN spritz your stamp with water and stamp down.  Of course the water reacts with the oxide ink and pulls the color back off.


Silly me spritzed the stamp with too much water so I totally lost the image so I stamped the image again using a slightly darker shade of TH green oxide ink.

I reached into my scrap pile for the three horizontal panels and used one of the words from the Sue Wilson (CED5430) Friendship die set for my sentiment.  The bee was laying on the corner of the work table so of course I had to add him as an embellishment.   'Which means, now my sentiment reads "Bee Grateful" LOL. 

 I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun ... here's the link for you one more time ...

Make The Cards Challenge

 As always . . .

  Don't forget to check out the *NEW CHALLENGE BLOG* we (BFF Diane & myself) have starting on September 1st.  DT Call is now open ... would love to have you apply.  Please pop over for all the details here:  FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE BLOG

6 comments:

  1. I love this card so much! The colors, papers, and - hey - you just might have made up a new background technique! I've always meant to try this. I call it "ghosting", but maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Anyway, it looks awesome with the stamping inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and the the buzzing bee..looks awesome./ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing. I love the ghosting effect and so what if it came from what you considered a mistake! The paper from the scraps is perfect and I love that sweet little bee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Love your take on the sketch! Every time I attempt to create a challenge card from memory, I always seem to "forget" some little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way the leaves stamped out, cool way to do the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you did this as an A2 card! That is so awesome! And that background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.