Thursday, September 9, 2021

Christmas is Coming . . .


 Hello my friends!

For the first time in a long time, I've created a card to share that is not a designated DT project.  I thought I'd take a peek at Paper Playful and see what I could create quickly to get posted onto my blog for today.  Well, the first thing I saw was the challenge over on ABC Christmas Challenge ... the letters for this challenge are S & T.

S for Stencil
and
T for Two

You can choose either S or T but I decided to use both on my project.

The Stencil I've used is a new one to my stencil collection and it's called 'Field of Snowy Trees' (#SC-178) by Picket Fence Studios.

Picket Fence Studios - 6 x 6 Stencils - Field of Snowy Trees
 

And, the  Two element is my pair of deer.  The big buck is by Memory Box called 'Woodland Deer' (#98679)


 and the doe is by Dee's Distinctively called 'Deer 2' (#IME-099).


I began my card by creating the base from white card stock then inked the top two thirds with TH distress oxide Broken China ink for the sky.  Next I stenciled my trees using TH distress oxide Rustic Wilderness.  Though difficult to see, I tore a strip of white card stock and attached to the bottom of my card to mimic a snow bank.  Added my deer & sentiment ... VIOLA my card is ready to send.


 Other challenges to share in:

The Male Room Challenge #154 - Nature's Bounty


2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #54 (LAST CHALLENGE) - ATG w/Critter
Christmas Crafts All Year Round September Challenge - Use letters Q or R  (I used R - Reindeer)
Crafty Animals Challenge #54 - ATG
The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge #100 - ATG Christmas

 Well that about does it for me today! 
Temps here in Ohio, USA are really starting to feel like Fall. In fact, I see some of the maple trees are already starting to change color on the tops.  Ugh where is the time going???

Anyways, have a fabulous remainder of your day & week.
Till next time ...


13 comments:

  1. This is wonderful and makes such a festive masculine Christmas card. You're the Queen of CAS, my friend, and now you're the Queen of Stencils. Such beautiful work! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🤎🤎🤎 This card! CAS perfected! Cheers, MK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Darlene
    It is a real pretty card and love the way you have created snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful! I do love a woodland scene. It's nice to play "just because", isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful scene card with the trees and deer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Great stencil. Oh how I do wish we here in Florida would start to feel some fall temperatures. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work with your stenciling and I love those deer, they work great together, love the one lying down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! How beautiful, love those deer and the background. Thank you so much for joining us in our Natures Bounty challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    Please remember to copy and paste the challenge badge into your post. We want to spread the word about our challenges and it is a requirement we look for when choosing our winners and honourable mentions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Darlene - two deer and then a stencil - perfect combination for our challenge - love the glitter on the snowbank too.... Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stenciling and love the Deer, what a gorgeous card..
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So simple and beautiful! What a lovely Christmas card! Thanks for sharing these deer with us at 2CCC, and good luck! 😊

    ~Marie B - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card - love how you combined our two themes!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.