Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Double D Challenge - Leaves

 

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm happy to say I am hosting today's challenge and our theme is:
 
 LEAVES
 
and here's an inspiration board I've created to help get you started . . .

 

 I was originally inspired by the yellow/green leaves in the upper right corner so that's where my project began as I used a (new to me) stencil from ciaobellapaper.com called Ramage.  

Texture Stencil 5"x8" Ramage

Using TH oxide inks and large sponge daubers.  I was very happy with that but then I thought I'd 'double down' and use a second die over top this first layer.  So I grabbed my Tim Holtz Autumn Layering Stencil and used more orange, red & green TH oxide inks for these fall leaves.


My sentiment is a very old wooden block stamp by stampingsensations.com. (no longer in business).  To tie in with the sentiment, I add a few tiny little 'diamonds' for embellishment.

The prize that you'll be playing for this time around is:
Impression Obsession - Dies - Small Leaf Set


Impression Obsession - Dies - Small Leaf Set

 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

 So be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .


16 comments:

  1. Beautifully created and such a fabulous idea to stencil over the top, very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous card, papers sentiment all great colours and design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Fall Foliage! Perfect stenciling with perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful stenciling on this pretty fall card. The sentiment is sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These leaves are absolutely beautiful. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful inspiration board, gorgeous card! Love the stencil/color combo here. True words, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that stenciled background, it's gorgeous with the colors you have used. Really nice design, it showcases the greeting perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stenciled design and I love all those wonderful leaves. Fantastic sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stenciled leaves, pretty layering, great sentiment to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your inspiration is gorgeous and it shows in the card that you made. Love that sentiment and the added diamonds. You used that stencil so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely creation with a great phrase!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning background! Love the layered stencil images and colors. And that sentiment is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to commenting. It seems like every time I sit for more than five minutes I fall asleep. I love your stenciled background. the leaves are just gorgeous and have such happy colors. They look like the hills of the Allegany mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the overlapping leaves. The colors you used are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW what amazing stencilling and a great effect on your fabulous Autumnal card x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty autumn card Darlene. Beautiful job with the stencilling and colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.