Friday, July 17, 2026

100th Birthday

 Hello Friends . . .

Last week I had a request for a special birthday card.  
The request was for a 'sweet 100 year old Christian lady's birthday'.

I looked around Pinterest for ideas but nothing really struck me so I starting pulling a few things out of my stash and came up with this card ... hope she (and you) like it.

 


 

 I thought a sweet Christian lady would appreciate roses and the Crafter's Companion 'From the Heart' paper pack was perfect.

 Crafter's Companion - 6 x 6 Paper Pad - From The Heart

 I've been a bit 'obsessed' with the Double Vision design style lately so I used that design for today's card.  I thought she might be intrigued by it and it's something 'a little different'.

 

I computer generated the sentiment then die cut it using the Sue Wilson Stitched Flag dies set (CED 4317).  A couple pretty Pink Pearl Pops from Scrapbook.com were added for a look of 'pearls'.

    Scrapbook.com - Pops of Color - Pearl - Bubblegum - 1oz

The inside sentiment is an oldie I found in my stash from the 'Verses Rubber Stamp' company.  And,  I used another sheet from the pack to decorate the inside of my card as well as the envelope flap.

Challenges to share in:

Seize the Birthday #330 - One or more numbers (ends 7/21) 

 

Cut It Up #360 - Create Your Own Background (ends 7/20) 
Crafty Catz #718 - ATG (ends 7/31) 

 I hope you've enjoyed today's share!
Here's wishing you an amazing weekend ahead!!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

7 comments:

  1. I bet she will love this design and the gorgeous paper, lovely font you used for the sentiment too, pretty pearls to top it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created a stunning card for this milestone birthday, a lovely technique and gorgeous papers.
    Thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darnell, How sweet of you to make this card for such a milestone birthday. Lovely papers and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday and for using the Topping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... I'm Darlene! Darnell is another FABULOUS crafter with a very fun challenge blog!

      Delete
  4. So very pretty with a vintage flair, perfect for a 100 year old birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Darlene, it's absolutely beautiful and I know she'll love it! The double vision technique makes it extra special. I love how you finished the inside, too, with the smaller message panel over the pretty paper. Nice way to use up a bit more paper. I just ordered two new pads so I should be making an effort, sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I'm sure she loved it!

    Thanks for joining us at the Cut It Up Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.