Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mother's Day is Coming!

Hello blogging friends!

With Mother's Day right around the corner, I thought I'd better get busy creating something for my Mom.   I also decided to create a card using a few new items I've purchased over the past couple of weeks.  For some reason, I've spent more time SHOPPING vs CREATING and needless to say, that needs to change!  LOL!  Over at Squigglefly we shared a little secret today! Wanna know what the little secret is?  The new images have been released in the store a little early!  This is an exciting release!  Not only are there tons of new images from the artists you know and love, but TWO NEW artists have joined us this month!  Please help us welcome Dawn Collins and   Pamela Lehto!    We think you'll love their work as much as we do!
With that being said, I decided to use this beautiful 'Cup of Flowers' image by Pamela Lehto.  I  thought it would work quite nicely for a Mother's Day creation.  What do you think?


Have you been over to Squigglefly lately?  They have so many talented artists and FABULOUS images to create with.  I'm sure you'll find exactly what you need to fit your needs!  FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, HERE'S THE LINK.

Here's a peek at the Inside . . . (still keeping up with my New Years Resolution ... yay!)

After all was said and done I thought WOW, the inside would have actually worked well for the outside of a card.  I struggle with CAS style creations and this would probably be a close as I would come to a CAS stle card.  Since I need to get outside and do some yard work, I will end this post with a few challenges I'd like to enter into:
Crafts for all Seasons - Monochromatic
Crafty Creations Challenges - Mother's Day with flowers
Digistamps 4 Joy - Women are Special
Fab 'n' Funky - Lots of Pink
Stamp n Doodle - Mother's Day or For a Female
ABC Challenge - Mother's Day
Creative Stamp Friends - Mother's Day
Melonheadz Friends - Mother's Day
Victorine Stamps - Mother's Day

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope the sun is shining where you are today!  It's a gorgeous day here in N.E. Ohio and I need to go soak up some Vitamin K!  Please come back tomorrow when I will share my creation for a new Shelly's Images Challenge.  Hope to see you then and As always . . .


Recipe for my card:
Papers:  Basic Grey 'Sugared' dp, white cs, pink pirouette cs
Stamp:  A Stamp In The Hand
Ink:  Versafine Onyx, Momento ME-404 Angel Pink
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, Fiskars swivel craft knife, Sponge dauber, Stampendous diamond dots, Prima flowers, Memory Box #98373 Whimsical Flourish, Cheery Lynn Designs B144 Celtic Heart die, Die'sire Embossalicious Regal Corner Embossing Folder, Cheery Lynn Designs Build A Flower 1, Spellbinder Gold Labels Four
(Items in red were purchased at Joan's Gardens)


18 comments:

  1. hello Darlene
    i found your blog by coinsidence and what a lovely card with wonderful image and a beautiful card for mothers day.
    greetings from ann ( netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card for Mother's Day. but the yellow throws off the monochromatic look, but thanks for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and colorful...love the teacup image...thanks for inspiring me to finish the insides of my cards.....have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the flourishes and that heart shaped die! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - PINK and a CUPPA - my favourite combo

    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Darlene.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.
    Hope you join us next time.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a pretty card, lovely die cut details.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene,
    Those flowers in the cup are so pretty. You made beautiful cards Darlene. Thank you for playing along with us at Digistamps 4 Joy and we hope to see you again. Good Luck :)
    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [DS4J DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene this is gorgeous! I love the pink! You used some beautiful dies too. Yay for you keeping those insides decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Darlene, lovely colours! Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy!

    Annerieke, DT DS4J

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card love the embellisments.

    Thanks for joining us at stamp n doodle

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Nicely done on the inside too (that was my New Year's resolution too). Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is really pretty & happy!!
    I like the inside too!!
    Thanks for joining the Mother's Day challenge at Crafting by Designs!
    Do visit again.
    Hugs
    Rene DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! Beautiful colors!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp N Doodle this week!!
    LisaO-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eine wunderschöne Karte ist das geworden, danke fürs Mitmachen bei den Kreativen Stempelfreunden.

    LG
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful. thanks for joining us at Melonheadz friends

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute card ...
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Stampfriends.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.