Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Sisterhood of Crafters - Poppies for Memorial Day

It's time for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Today's hostess is Marsha and the theme she has chosen is:

POPPIES for Memorial Day
What a fabulous theme!
I remember as a young girl going door to door selling Poppies for the V.F.W. since my dad was a Veteran of WWII.  My sister's and I felt it was our patriotic duty to help out in this small way.   And, a few years back one of those poppies mysteriously showed up in my car ... I truly have no idea where it came from.  I figured it must have been my Dad saying Hello!!

Anyways, here's my card . . .


This is a beautiful stamp set by Crafty Secrets that I had never inked up.  Unfortunately they closed their store a few years back, but I still enjoy coloring up some of their sweet images.  Today I used Tim Holtz Distressed Oxide inks for my coloring.  I used the pads, small paint brush and bowl of water.
For the flowers I used 'candied apple, abandoned coral, & wild honey'.  
For the stems I used 'twisted citron & cracked pistachio'.  
And, for the butterfly, I used 'cracked pistachio and broken china'.

Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Wild HoneyDistress Oxide Ink Pad - Abandoned CoralDistress Oxide Ink Pad - Candied Apple
Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Twisted CitronDistress Oxide Ink Pad - Cracked PistachioDistress Oxide Ink Pad - Broken China


The background mat was also created by brushing 'candied apple' around the outside edge.  A few teal sequins and my card is ready to go!

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!
 See you there!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.