Saturday, October 9, 2021

Another fun sketch to play with . . .

 Hello Friends and Welcome Back!

As promised, I have a few cards to share using a sketch that caught my eye over on Splitcoast Stampers.  I haven't posted any of my projects over there for years but I do stay on as a member in hopes that one days I'll get back to sharing there again ... just doesn't seem to be enough hours in my day!  LOL (I wonder why!)  And it's a wonderful location for inspiration!

Anyways ... here's the sketch

And here are a few cards I created ...

I've once again used those 'stackable sheets' for my flowers (scroll down through my blog for more details).  I've had these put together for several weeks and I thought they would work perfectly with this sketch.  What do you think??  

The first two cards use the same Mintay designer paper for the corner element ... the only difference is the stackable floral element.  I even kept the sentiment the same as I am in need of a LOT of birthday cards for my two upcoming Craft Shows in November.


For the third card in this trio I decided to create a Thinking of You card and as you can see, I added an extra solid color strip above the angle for more definition.  In hind sight, I wish I had done that with the first two cards also ... oh well!   The stamp set I have used for my sentiments is from Simon Says Stamps. (heart is also part of the set).

At this rate, I should have plenty of cards for my shows  ... that is if I can keep making 3 or 4 cards (or more) a day!  LOL 

 Thanks so much for stopping by ... hope your weekend is fabulous!
As always . . .

 

8 comments:

  1. Oooh! They are so pretty! Oh yes they work perfect;y for that sketch. I hope all is well, we had a few days oin the 70's here and the flowers are blooming again... Only wish it couls stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Dar:
    What beautiful card. I love playing with a sketch and I love playing along in the card challenges you and Diane have on all the fun blogs.
    wish i would get more followers. and comments.
    great work.
    hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they're absolutely beautiful! I cannot believe how well the Mintay paper coordinates. Looks like all part of a set! You're on a roll and will knock their socks off at your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card designs and I love that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous. I love the papers. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those papers go perfectly with those flowers, like they were meant to be together, lovely sketch to use with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Darlene. How awesome that so perfectly match your flowers. Wow, gorgeous!!!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.