Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Difficult cards to make . . .

. . . but this time around I made them pretty easy with a clean & simple design.

Hello Friends and Welcome Back to my Blog!

Today I have a set of four sympathy cards to share.  I know we all dislike making these cards because that means someone has lost a loved one and is hurting.  But hopefully just by sharing a simple card we can let them know they are not alone and we will help them through the difficult days ahead.

Here are four of the same design just used different colored card stock panels along with my Tim Holtz 'Flourish Layering Stencil' and white craft ink.

Brown

Navy Blue

Purple

Black

 Here's a peek at the inside sentiment . . .


 Once my ink was dry on my stenciled panel, I did a bit of accenting with a white Prisma pencil.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back tomorrow when I'll have a card to share that was created for the new challenge offered up over on the Sisterhood of Crafter.

BEFORE YOU GO ...

While writing up this post I realized the name on the stencil is identified as a 'layering stencil' so I thought "hmmm so I should try something a little different" and created this card.  I stenciled it with white craft ink first the moved the stencil over and sponged it with a TH oxide purple ink.  


I like the stenciling done both ways but doing it this way will save me from doing the highlighting by hand ... will have to keep THAT in mind in the future.  

Thanks for sticking with me to the end . . . LOL!

As always . . .

 

6 comments:

  1. I really need to be thinking doing some of these for my stash because I used the last one notlong ago. You have inspired me with your beautiful creations my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say that I love the results from your white penciling on them until you mentioned doing it the other way with the stencil would make it much quicker, these are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all very pretty. A gorgeous stencil and, yes, the layering probably would make it easier to do the highlighting. Hmmm... I probably have stencils I could do this with. I especially love the inside sentiment on the last card. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used that layering stencil in so many beautiful ways. I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards, I love how the detail turned out the last card too, all are beautifully created!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful inspiration. These cards are definitely the hardest to make. I just can't bring myself to keep a stash of them, so when I need one it's usually a mad rush to make something pretty but somber enough for the occasion. You did a wonderful job with this set of cards. Sometimes all you need is one die, or one stencil, or one stamp, to create something perfectly beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.