Monday, December 6, 2021

Make a Wish


Happy Monday Friends

Today's card share was created for the new challenge over on the (new to me) Inspiration Station Challenge Blog.  Today's theme is Star Light, Star Bright and here is their inspiration board ...

 

 One of their main rules is as follows:

Remember, to be eligible for the Prize, Please **Let us know in your blog or Social Media Post how the Photo Inspired You.

 Well, as you have probably figured out by now, it was that blue & purple star that caught my eye and inspired me for my card creation.  I'm always in the need for birthday cards so that is the theme of my card and while looking through my sentiment dies I thought this one worked perfectly.  I instantly started humming  ... When you wish upon a star, makes no different who you are . . . . .

I've used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Wilted Violet & Mermaid Lagoon to create my sponged background panel from which I then die cut my stars using the Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Stars for the main focus of my card.

  TUTTI-215 Nesting Stitched Stars

 My sentiment is the Penny Black 'Celebrations' (#51-028) die set

and I've position it onto one of dies from the Sue Wilson 'Stitched Flags' (CED 4317) set.  It wasn't long enough for my phrase so I carefully extended it's length when die cutting then adhered the words.

 

 A little sponging of the Wilted Violet around the edges of my sentiment flag and Viola!

I hope you'll take a break from all the holiday decorating & shopping to relax and play along in this fun challenge.  This time of the year can be so stressful ... I don't know about you but I find taking time to sit and make a card is an excellent mental release for me!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
As always . . .



5 comments:

  1. such pretty color combo for your stars, like your sentiment banner with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Darlene! This is gorgeous and a great inspiration piece. Thanks for linking up with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the inspiration, so nice as well to have an entry that meets the rules! Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Station xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stars are gorgeous! Plus the color matches the one star in the inspiration perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours and design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.