Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Double D - Birds - Nests - Birhouses/Bird Cages

 


 Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Diane is our host today and her theme of choice is:
 
BIRDS - NESTS - BIRDHOUSES/CAGES
 
and here's an inspiration board she has created to help get you started . . .

 

 While trying to come up with an idea of what to create for you today,
I came across this Impression Obsession 'Songbird Branch' die and immediately
thought it would be perfect ... plus I hadn't used it in a long time so
today was going to be the day!

Songbird Branch

 I had put together this card front awhile back so figured that
I may as well see if I couldn't use it vs it just sitting on my desk.  I had
die cut it thinking it would come out differently than it did so sat
it aside (until today) since it wasn't what I was wanting at the time.

 I die cut from a scrap of white card stock then colored it using
Tombow markers.  My FRIENDS stamp is by My Sentiments Exactly
and the inside sentiment is by Impression Obsession (C21230).

 

 Carnation Pink Nuvo Crystal Drops were used as an accent around my Sue
Wilson Gemini - Lyra die
.

 


I hope you've found inspiration from today's creation!  
The prize that you'll be playing for this time around is:


 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .


13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the way you use your dies to create your card! Very creative and I do love the Sue Wilson die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty springtime card and the card base worked perfectly for your birds! I've been hearing lot's of birds here, finally, after a long winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those birds on a branch and that swirly die. They look fantastic together! Birds and cards just go together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That swirly die is just the thing for these two birds on a branch. The best part was that you used a pink card stock behind the white and the pink Nuvo drops too. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use the border die and the sentiment is perfect for the bird friends. I love how the sentiment pops with the red and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, love those birds & certainly looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty design this is Dar! The border die is beautiful and the red birds are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sweet birds on the branch, I love how you used that border die to cut into the base of the card, such a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, Darlene! This is soooo pretty! I love the birds and branch die and the way you used the SW border is amazing! I never would have thought to use the negative. Now I'll have to go look at my dies. This is such a beautiful challenge. You know I'm a nut for bird stamps and dies so will have to play. I do have the Cottage Cutz die you're giving as a prize and can say first hand how beautiful it is on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable. I love your die cuts, especially the flourish die. It's beautiful and fits your card perfectly. Super pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! What a gorgeous die cut border. Those Nuvo drops are the perfect embellishment for the elegant border.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a happy and delightful card Darlene. Love the colours and the pretty border die.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful and sweet!! Love so much the way you matched the lovely couple of birds with the Sue Wilson Lyra die! And the sentiment finishes the card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.