Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Stencil Fun Challenge - Halloween Colors

 Hello Everyone!

Yep ... Diane & I are 'at it again' and today begins our new STENCIL adventure!

Here's a link to our new challenge:  Stencil Fun Challenge


We decided to add another challenge blog to our list of challenge blogs and this time will will be about using our STENCILS.  This challenge will be a MONTHLY challenge and will begin on the FIRST TUESDAY of each month.  It will always be an ANYTHING GOES with STENCILS challenge but we will be offering an OPTIONAL THEME

To get things rolling, this is what Diane has chosen as our optional theme:

HALLOWEEN COLORS


For right now, it will just be Diane & I sharing samples to inspire you.  We have decided to create one project following the theme and a second project that fits into the anything goes.

Here is my 'Halloween Colors' card . . .


The stencil I have used for this card is from Tim Holtz (THS127) Shifter Chevron Layering Stencil.  I have used TH 'Spiced Marmalade' distress oxide ink & Versafine Onyx ink for my stencil coloring.  These cute images were in my Halloween Stash and I simply added 'googly' eyes for a touch of fun.  I also decided to do a bit of doodling around the outer edge with a white gelly roll pen.

For my second card (Anything Goes), I actually stuck with a couple other colors that are used frequently in Halloween cards ... purple & green. 


Products used on this card are:

Tim Holtz 'Twisted Citron' Distress Oxide' ink
Tim Holtz 'Wilted Violet Distress Oxide' ink
Frantic Stamper 6x6 mylar stencil
K&Company Botanical  Acetate Foral Die Cut
Pink Fresh 'Perfect Sentiments' stamp & die set

We hope you'll come join in our fun and GOOD LUCK!!

As always . . .


5 comments:

  1. Both are fabulously fun and pretty, awesome stenciling for the backgrounds too, love how you stayed within the colors theme for both, sometimes things just work that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love both cards! Gee, I have a chevron stencil and never thought of turning it like this. Love the look with the Halloween colors and your googly-eyed parts. Purple and green work great with Halloween or flowers as you've shown so beautifully with your tulips. I will definitely be playing in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards! You amaze me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, my friend, these are both gorgeous. Way to go with your beautiful stencil work!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely designs using your stencils! love the bold chevron pattern with the great Halloween cat and the stenciled circles in green and purple make a great backdrop for your lovely tulips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.