Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Making cards in my sleep!!

I was at a Stampin' Up party over the weekend and while looking through the demonstrators samples I came upon a card using one of my favorite sets Lovely as a Tree. Using some of her ideas combined with my own spin on things, I came up with these cards. (MY thoughts came in the middle of the night of course!)
The very first image I made came out darker than I wanted and I forgot to use the moon idea I had so ... back to the drawing board! My second try came out beautifully until I smeared the ink on Santa ... again, back to the drawing board ... finally an image that is completed the way I had it envisioned in my head.
I couldn't bear to throw away the second image so ... I cut Santa out of the picture ... matted it ... cuttlebugged a background and there you have it ... card complete!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

13 comments:

  1. Well my dear Friend. You have outdone yourself again. These 2 cards are just spectacular. Love how the trees have the reflection and yes, the colors came out so beautiful. Keep them coming.

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! I am a middle-of-the-night card designer also. Some of the best ideas come in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular!! These are unbelievably gorgeous...and I really mean it. Maybe it has something to do with the pace of my life right now, but they look tranquil and surean(sp?). The color combination is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar your blog is filled with jaw dropping goodness. So much talent. This is one of my favorite sets and I love, love, love this card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your work Darlene, thanks for visiting my blog, because now I've found yours I'll be back OFTEN to check your fabby creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I am amazed! Fabulous cards and I am very jazzed that you used the oopsie as an opportunity to create something else with it. Magnificent work and I love it all!
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was following the thread over at SCS, these cards are lovely! I especially like the one on the white background. I don't have that set (I wish!) but I do have some lovely trees... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the trees and the shadows. Great choice of colors, too. Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you. I will definitely stop by again.
    Shirley Lee
    Roseville, CA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! I love your colors and your entired concept of the card. Don't you just hate it when you are all done and you smear that ink or something. But, you made lemonade out of lemons and it looks gorgeous.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.