Monday, November 17, 2008

Eggs for "Eggette"


Here is a "cutsie" card for a challenge called the Creative Name Featured Stamper (CNFS) from SCS over on the CCEE Stampers blog. Charlene (LilLuvStampin) is the hostess for the month and her selection is Bonnie (eggette).


Apparently Bonnie gathers chicken eggs from over 12,000 chickens on their farm. (WOW, what a woman!!) Her favorite embellishment is ribbons and she loves the color green. So, the instructions for this challenge was to make a card that had an EGG on it somewhere, shades of green and ribbon.
I drew great inspiration from the team over on the CCEE Stampers blog but when I started looking through my stash my brain stalled out! Check out some of the other ladies work like Tosh, and Cindy just to name a couple ... the other gals did a remarkable job too!! I decided to just use a plain white card base and the eggs I stamped across the bottom are actually (bird) eggs from the Crafty Secrets - bird lover set. My daughter has chickens and she has one breed that lays what they call "Easter Eggs" and they are actually green, yellow, pink & blue so I didn't have any problem coloring a couple of these eggs "green". Of course, we've all seen brown eggs! The chicken/eggs is a $1 stamp I purchased at Pat Catan's a long time ago. I used Creative Memories letter/number stickers for the "sentiment". Hope you like it ... it was fun!
Please stop back tomorrow when I will have my creation for the Crafty Secrets forum challenge hosted by Pammyjo. Her clue to us today was: the same clue written out four different times in four different languages ... none of which were English! Had to do a little research on this one!! See you tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice card! Love the colors! I think you did great with the challenge!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene,
    Cute chicken card! I love anything with chickens. Great card!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card and story! I love the layout and colors you used on your card. Great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.