Friday, November 7, 2008

Stamp Simple #60 - Back to Nature


Happy Friday everyone! The weather here in NE Ohio is still beautiful although I'm hearing that's going to change very soon. We've been having 70 degree days and I've been very busy trying to get all of my last minute outside Fall cleanup chores done while I can. Chores are pretty well completed but that hasn't left me much time for stamping. Luckily, I hadn't finished trimming back my roses yet because when I saw Sharon Johnson's challenge for today ... I knew exactly what I wanted to do!!

Sharon's challenge over on her notimetostamp blog is Back to Nature ... using Nature Elements on your card/project. If nothing of nature is available, she does offer an alternative ... If you don’t have access to the *natural* items you’d like to use, you MAY use an artificial item (flowers, leaves, etc.), or you may STAMP the image if you don’t have access to either the real thing or an artificial item. See, EVERYONE can play this challenge!!! Just create away and HAVE FUN!!!

I made a "legal" size card using Whisper White cardstock then covered it with designer paper. I made a pocket using a scrap of "Ink, Spray & Smash" paper I had in my stash and did faux stitching to resemble a real pocket. I then popped up the pocket with dimensional tape so the rose stems would fit in properly. I had this cool mauve accent ribbon in my sewing stash and thought it would help pull things together. And there you have it!!

I would like to take a quick moment to thank Sharon, and all the design team ladies over on the Stamp Simple blog for their kind words and support over the past month as I was spotlighted as their "guest designer". These ladies made me feel "right at home" with them! THANKS LADIES!!!

Now why not give Sharon's challenge and try ... it's fun!! Don't forget to check out the other ladies cards/projects ... they are always inspirational!! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Darlene you are just too clever.
    What a great idea. Very, very pretty!

    We too have been having that 70 degree weather and it has allowed us to get all of our fall work done out side too. But, like you said, it cuts in to my stamping time. I am so very grateful for warm weather this time of year.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, this project is absolutely stunning!!! I just love it!!! And I can't believe you still have roses!!! Oh my!!! What a fabulous Back To Nature project -- simply beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! I love the background paper and how the rose just POPS!!! Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! WOW! WOW! Your creativity is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed you were very clever and it was a beautiful move to get the last rose of summer into your card. We are also having some wonderful 70 degree weather and I love it. Very neat card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this is sooo cute! You see a card in everything you do don't you! lol It is very pretty...would make a nice thank you for a special neighbor, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to present flowers from your garden. Our 70 degree weather is over, It was in the 70's just a few days ago, now its cold. And my DH heating idea didn't work. So its quite chilly in my house. Now we'll have to get a gas furnace, or just heat with our wood stove for the winter. We'll probably just have to do that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darlene!! What a great card.. Really fun!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Darlene... This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.