Sunday, April 1, 2018

Dies R Us - Exciting News

Image result for Happy Easter
Hello Dear Friends!
Today I have introduced the new DT for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog and shared the following fun creation using dies and product from the Dies R Us Store.  Be sure to pop over to the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog and check out our new team of talented ladies!


The card I have to share with you today was inspired by an Island trip hubby & I have coming up in May.


It all began with creating my 'water' background using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio, watercolor paper and a water sprayer bottle.



I stamped 'peacock feathers' on my craft mat, spritzed with water than drug my watercolor paper through the ink.  Next I dried the panel with my heat tool and repeated the process using the 'cracked pistachio' ink.  Spritzing & drying until I had what I wanted.  Lastly I spritzed with water, let it sit for a minute then dragged it with a dry paper towel.  That created my 'water drops'.


The dies used for my ocean scene are:

Memory Box 'Graceful Branch Oval' #99465

After die cutting my mermaid from a scrap of white card stock, I used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for my coloring.


I have repurposed one of the plastic die cut packaging containers into a window
for my underwater scene.  I save all my packaging from dies that I feel
can be repurposed on other projects and cut it to size depending on
the need.  Today, I have cut a panel the same size as my oval cut panel
and adhered it using 1/4" scor tape.
I have cut a narrow strip of scrap background watercolor paper to hide my adhesive.
A narrow strip of dimension tape was placed between the panels before adhering to my base card.


Here are a couple of close ups showing the coloring on the seahorse and the sentiment.

The seahorse was colored with the oxide inks and the sentiment with the Spectrum Noir markers.


Here's one more look at the finished project. 

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.