Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Double D - Twelve Days of Christmas (Days 1-6)

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Diane is hosting today and as you can see by my blog title ... the theme is:

TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
(Days 1 - 6)
1st Day Partridge In a Pear Tree
2nd Day Two Turtle Doves
3rd Day Three French Hens
4th Day Four Calling Birds
5th Day Five Golden Rings
6th Day Six Geese A Laying

Here is the fabulous mood board she has created to help inspire you . . .

Which day theme inspires you??
 My choice from this fabulous mood board was the 5 Golden Rings
as depicted on my card below . . .


I have reached back into my older stash and came up 
with these fabulous papers from the Graphic45 8x8 paper pad
called 12 Days of Christmas (how appropriate for today's challenge!  lol)
 This paper is circa 2013 but still LOVELY!!

My 'gold rings' were created using gold foil paper and the very
first set of Spellbinder dies I ever purchased (way back when) ...
the Classic Circle Die sets.


 I didn't have any tiny, narrow red ribbon but I did have
this white ribbon and think it brought nice attention to my rings!
What do you think??

Diane has this fabulous Impression Obsession die up as the
prize to one lucky random winner.  Remember ... you gotta play to win!

So, come play along using our theme and YOU might be that random winner!!  
 Be sure to pop over to our Double D Challenge Blog and check out what the design team ladies have created ... they are amazingly talented and I'm sure you'll find more wonderful inspiration!

Challenges to share in:
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper December Challenge
 Creative Sketchy Girls Challenge - Make a Christmas Card   Sorry!
Love to Craft December Challenge - ATG
The Crafting Challenge - Christmas
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Traditional Christmas
Crafting By Design Final Challenge - ATG
The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - Holidays / Shabby Chic/Vintage

 Hope to see you there!

As always . . .

20 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Amazing card, so gorgeous!! Love the way you added the Golden Rings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such a lovely card!
    Hugs from Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect inspiration from the mood board on this sweet Christmas card. I adore all of the traditional red and gold and I agree that the white ribbon really adds to the golden rings. Wonderful and amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and so creative! How lever of you! LOVE that gorgeous Designer Paper, but those 5 gold rings are really the star of this creation! I love your creativity! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Darlene! This G45 paper is one of my favorite lines and I wish they'd bring it back. I love how you created 5 gold rings!! So clever. The white ribbon really sets these off nicely. I'd say this is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree. The white ribbon works to draw attention to the rings. Perfect papers fnd great design. You get extra credit for choosing a technique to create the rings. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with those wonderful papers and the five golden rings. Awesome design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Graphic 45 has some beautiful papers and I love how you made your rings to go with that sentiment tag, that is so creative and terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello my
    sis, what a gorgeous gorgeous card, love it all...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the most fun challenge and the mood board is so cute! You made a beautiful card with the perfect paper and your white bows help the rings stand out more from the paper. I still have my very first Spellbinders dies and a lot of really old paper. This G45 is so gorgeous I'd have a hard time cutting it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super toffe kaart. Helemaal leuk. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Creative Sketchy Girls.
    Great card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Creative Sketchy Girls.

    XX
    Claudia

    DT Creative Sketchy Girls

    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very festive card and exemplifies the 5th day so nicely. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card and very traditional looking x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't you a lucky girl to still have some of this wonderful collection of papers? I just came across some old G45 papers, and all I want to do is admire it! Your card is so festive and I love the gold rings that you made. How clever, and I think the pop of white from the ribbons really draws attention to them. Thank you for playing along in our It's the Holidays challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful. I love the vintage patterned papers and traditional Christmas colors. And the way you have presented the golden rings is just fabulous!!! Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely gorgeous Darlene! I love those beautiful vintage papers and the golden rings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi thanks for participating in the challenge of The Chafting Challenge make sure you are a follower of the blog Dt Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darlene this card is so beautiful!!!! Thanks for joining us for our challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and Happy New Year!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.