Thursday, February 27, 2020

Deepest Sympathy

Hello sweet friends and Happy Thursday!
WOW can you believe we are at the end of February already?
In some ways it seems to have flown by but in other ways this cold weather just seems to keep dragging on!  LOL   COME ON SPRINGTIME!  

OH and don't forget to turn your clocks AHEAD on MARCH 8th!!

So ... today I have a card to share that I created yesterday after seeing the new post over on Stamp Simply by designer Jill ... you can read all about Jill's card here.  
 

Even though I still want to create another card using the entire technique Jill used (love the bold color palette she used), I decided to go with softer tones for my sympathy card today.


After sponging my background panel, I stamped an OLD Memory Box stamp
with VersaMark then embossed it with Black Embossing Powder.
A few touches of White Gloss Nuvo Drops here and there are my only embellishment
and I've used Yellow Nuvo drops for the center of my dogwood branch. 


Since my mojo seems to be taking a winter hiatus, it's wonderful to have so
many of you crafty ladies out there to draw inspiration from!

Okay ... guess I'd better stop playing around and get some work done!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Darlene, thought I would hop over and see what you have been up to. Hard to find the time to visit the blogs that you follow, Your card is so pretty. Love the stamped image. I just made a Sympathy card as well. February is flying by. Will be so glad when the weather warms up. I'm cold all the time. Glad I stopped by. Happy day to you!

    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your soft colors for this perfect sympathy card, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The softer tones look great on your sympathy card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Both cards are beautiful. I love your soft colors same as Jill's more saturated colors. Now I'm thinking what stamps I might do this with. So many possibilities! Thanks for passing on the inspiration, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your card is so well done with those soft colors. I love the inspirational one that prompted you to make it too. But yours is perfect for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully constructed card...I might have to case this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sponged background. So soft and peaceful. Perfect for a sympathy card! Thanks for this gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the softness of your inking, perfect for a sympathy card, love how you have used the nuvo drops, Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, I prefer your lighter softer color scheme. It's a gorgeous card. That "old" stamp is a keeper. XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.