Sunday, December 6, 2020

A Non Traditional Christmas Card

Hello & Happy Sunday All!


 Today's card is non traditional in color but I think it turned out so very pretty anyways!  I created this card to satisfy a few challenges I spotted.  These challenges really help get my creative juices flowing and make me think outside the box as well.  

Here they are . . .

I'm using the sketch from the Christmas 24 Challenge Blog.

 and my choice of colors and design are from the Festive Friday 'Winter Solstice' Challenge.
I have chosen to use the first three things on the list ... Blue, Purple & Snowflakes.

I began by creating my background paper using Tim Holtz Oxide distress inks Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet (love these inks!).  Then proceeded in die cutting some snowflakes from the Hunkydory 'Let It Snow' snowflake die set.  The stars I've used were actually pop outs from a die I used the other day and were laying on the work table ... I think they fit in well so used a few.


I recently won some awesome goodies over on the Memory Box Challenge (thanks Memory Box) and this Merry Christmas sentiment die (#94499) was one of them ... isn't it awesome!  I first die cut it from a cut off panel of the distress inked background that was left over then again from black card stock to give it a shadow and make it stand out more.  Also I've used just a sliver of the left over background panel on the inside to help pull it all together.

Well that's it for me ... hope you enjoyed today's share.

Please stay safe out there my friends ... very troubling times we are living through right now but if we all do what we need to do, we will be able to put it behind us and get back to normal.

As always ... thanks!

 

13 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the dimension from the die cuts
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pretty non traditional colors and snowflakes, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch and the color challenge! This really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the background

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are so beautiful and with the snowflakes is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours! Thanks for playing along with Festive Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous background, Darlene! Truth is, I've made so many cards in nontraditional colors lately that they don't even seem nontraditional anymore. This is just scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color combo is so pretty and I just love the big snowflake, great win on the sentiment die, and like how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Darlene. The background is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge.
    Blessings,
    Beth McCullough -DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on the sketch - that background looks amazing! So pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas 24 Challenge. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow love the background you've created. Beautiful colors! Thank you for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Christmas 24 challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    Hugs Grietje DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. magnifique carte Darlene, j'aime ces couleurs chaudes, merci de jouer avec nous chez Christmas 24, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.