Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Double D Challenge - Poinsettias

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm happy to say I am hosting today's challenge and today's theme is:

POINSETTIAS

The design team ladies have come up with some amazing designs for your inspiration, be sure to pop over and check 'em out!  Speaking of inspiration ... here's the mood board I created ... hope it helps to inspire you!


Here's today's creation . . .

Those who know me know I love the color purple so of course my eye was drawn to the purple poinsettia in the upper right corner.

For my poinsettias I have used the Poppystamps 'Stitched Poinsettia Trio' (#1608) die set.  My greenery was created by snipping apart a Sue Wilson 'Holly Swirl' (CED3106) die cut panel.
Sue Wilson Designs - Festive Collection -  Holly Swirl

My sentiment panel came from the Hunkydory 'Holly Jolly Christmas' die set.
Hunkydory - Moonstone Dies - A Holly Jolly Christmas

I loved making these poinsettia and used Heartfelt Creations PRILL for the centers.



We have this fabulous Elizabeth Craft - Poinsettia die offered as the prize to one lucky random winner.  Remember ... you gotta play to win!

  Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Poinsettia

So be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you at Double D!

As always . . .


17 comments:

  1. Stunning card, so love the purple. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is so gorgeous! That color is AHmazing! So many pretty poinsettias! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purple poinsettias are perfectly precious! haha! Seriously though Dar, I love them in purple and I love the fullness of the layers. Just beautiful! Merry Christmas friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love these pretty, purple poinsettias! That's a lot of p's. The detail on the flowers is amazing. The background plaid is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is gorgeous, Darlene! Never seen a purple poinsettia, and your versions are stunning! Love the plaid background too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing all the colors of poinsettias these days? Your purples are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully created card and your purple poinsettias are gorgeous!! A stunning card and a perfect color choice for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful. LOVE your take on the purple poinsettias, they are just gorgeous. The plaid background paper is perfect here, a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous and I love the purple poinsettias you made. The plaid paper is a perfect compliment too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mouth is open in awe of these purple poinsettias. I love your card done in these colors and the stitching is super cute. A Beauteous card. Thanks for another lovely year of crafting with Double D. At times it was the only thing that I did for fun. This year has been quite the challenge. Lol On to 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so lovely, I like the variation in the colors of the poinsettias, love the paper with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Your purple poinsettias are gorgeous. Love the background paper, just perfect to showcase your flowers. I went back for one more look. I would have never ventured into making purple poinsettias, but look just how beautiful they are! Awesome inspiration!
    Merry Christmas,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your purple poinsettias. I have never seen a real one but the picture is fabulous. I love the green prills in the center too. They are one of my favorite centers especially for poinsettias. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love the colors on the flowers!
    Thank you for the inspiration and all the comments on my blog!
    Lilian (www.theleafstudio.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Was inspired by your beautiful 3D poinsettia and grouping! Gorgeous in purple and so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.