Saturday, June 25, 2022

Can You Handle The Pressure - Things with Wings

 Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is 'THINGS with WINGS'.  Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  
 

 Today's card really showcases just how quickly you can create a card by using an embossing folder.  Now keep in mind, I've taken a few extra steps by doing a bit of coloring, faux stitching and adding a sentiment but by simply just adding an embossed panel to a card front, your card could be ready to go.  Here's how this panel looked before coloring . . .


I first used what extra ink was left on my green distress oxide ink dauber to give the vines a bit of color then I've used Tombow markers to carefully color the embossed leaves and birds.  For added dimension, I've used lime green Nuvo Crystal drops on all the 'dotted' spots.
 
 
 
 A quick & easy sentiment was added by using one of the many available in the Creative Expressions 'Everyday' Wordies Sentiments Sheets.
 
 

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

10 comments:

  1. Wow, great coloring! You had a lot of patience I think!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card and I too have this EB folder and what a fabulous idea to color it in and make it 'pop' with color, always inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your brightly colored birds, that's another great way to use our folders that I need to experiment with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that embossing folder is and oldie but a goodie, love how you have colored it up, and the nuvo drops are a great touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is beautiful! Such beautifully colored birds...it's a great way to use the folder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful in the way you colored the embossed panel and added faux stitching! It takes patience of a special kind to accomplish this pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, I love how you have colored those birds. Lots of fiddly work here, but so worth it. Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Darlene, it's amazing what a few colours can add to an embossing folder design. Beautiful colouring and I love the faux stitching. So creative, my friend! Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite folders and I really love what you're done with it! Wowie! I'm now looking at mine with new eyes. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful; love the way you colored the EF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.