Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Double D - Hot Beverages

 


 Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm happy to say I am hosting today's challenge and our theme is:
 
Hot Beverages
(Coffee, Tea, Latte, Hot Chocolate, etc.)

and here's an inspiration board I've created to help get you started . . .


 
What fun I had creating today's card!

With Winter quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to create a card to send to a friend in Florida as I'm sure she's not missing the winter weather she experienced before moving to the 'Sunshine' state.

For my main focus, I used an older Elizabeth Craft die called 'Hot Chocolate' (#1570)

 

 My sentiment is a die from Penny Black called 'Winter Cheer' (51-255)


I found this scrap of holiday 2-sided paper in my 'extras' box so decided to use both sides in my design.  A 'icicle' border was punched using a very old Martha Stewart punch.

I did pop up the mug of hot chocolate mug with dimensional tape.


I hope you've found inspiration from today's creation!  
The prize that you'll be playing for this time around is:


 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

13 comments:

  1. Creative card and amazing colours, The end result is magnificent. Doing what I can re comments very tired with this dredded covid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card my friend. I find it amazing that you have dies for everything! I can't imagine how you store them. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that certainly is a yummy looking cup of hot chocolate, one I could use right now as we are being hammered with snow! Very awesome card Dar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your big cup of cocoa looks delicious Dar! The background papers you used are so sweet and perfect for a cup of something warm. I have this ECD die cut and it remains one of my favorites still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cozy Cup Of Cocoa! Love your Designer Papers and that candy cane stirrer! YUM! Great dimension as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so adorable, Darlene! Those happy little snowmen and cup of warm sweetness. Happy and fun design my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is DARLING, Dar. I love the image and the warmth of your Christmas Cheer card. I was thinking I'd be finished with the coffee cards, but maybe just one more. ?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card (no pun intended)....lol. I love the red mug with the white snowflake. The patterned papers are fabulous, and the marshmallows are the perfect final touch. Really cute card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that big bold red cup of hot chocolate! That is the only part of winter that I miss while here in Florida. You sure got the cozy part right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Look at those dancing snowmen in the paper. I just now noticed them. I really super duper love that cup of cocoa with the candy cane and the marshmallows sitting alongside. The snowflake paper is pretty and fun, the icicles, the sentiment... everything is simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the whip cream coming over the side, and such cute papers

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful winter patterns on your DPs used - love the red mug against the light blue and the icicles hanging above it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! So glad you put the candy cane in the cup...peppermint and chocolate!...my favorite combo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.