Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Stencil Fun Challenge - FALL COLORS

  Hello Everyone!

I hope you all will come join in the fun at our new STENCIL adventure!

Here's a link to our new challenge:  Stencil Fun Challenge

We decided to add another challenge blog to our list of challenge blogs and this time will will be about using our STENCILS.  This challenge will be a MONTHLY challenge and will begin on the FIRST TUESDAY of each month.  It will always be an ANYTHING GOES with STENCILS challenge but we will be offering an OPTIONAL THEME

To get things rolling, this is what I have chosen as our optional theme:

FALL COLORS

For right now, it will just be Diane & I sharing samples to inspire you.  We have decided to create one project following the theme and a second project that fits into the anything goes.

Here is my 'FALL Colors' card . . .

 

 I have used one of my favorite Tim Holtz stencils for today's card. 
The inking was done using a variety of TH distress oxide inks.
And, my sentiment is an old stamp by Stampingsensations.com

In case you have trouble reading it, here's what it says:

True friends are like diamonds ~ precious and rare.
False ones are like autumn leaves, found everywhere.

 

For my second card (Anything Goes), I think this would make a fun birthday card for a girlfriend.  The stencil I have used for this card is another fun Tim Holtz layering stencil called 'Splatters' (THS009).  I've used TH distress 'Tea Dye' ink for the coloring.

A scrap kraft square panel was used for my background matting on my coffee mug.  I love a caramel latte with whipped cream ... yummm!  I've used two different die sets for this latte.

We hope you'll come join in our fun and GOOD LUCK!!

As always . . .

 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, those beautiful leaves and the colors and sooo true sentiment. I absolutely love the coffee ring stenciling on your second card to go with the mug. I'm sure I used to have a coffee ring stamp... maybe not... or do I still have it? Sheesh. Now I'll have to go look. Two awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.