Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Sisterhood of Crafters - Smile

Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme, chosen by Diane this time around, is:
 
 SMILE LIKE THE SUN
Use the word SMILE and/or a SUN
 

 I must admit, I wasn't sure what direction this theme was going to take me but I'm quite happy with the outcome.  I first went in search of yellow background paper ... then THOUGHT I had a 'smile' die but wasn't sure ... luckily I did!  But, I knew for sure I did have a 'sun' die so the only thing left was the design.  By chance this stripped paper was on top of the scrap pile so YEP ... a vision came immediately into my head and 'a card was born'!  LOL

The dies used are:

TUTTI-235  Word Set - Smile

 Sue Wilson - Necessities 'Rain or Shine' (#CED23017)
 
I didn't have any yellow card stock for my die cutting so I took a scrap of white card stock and sponged it using an older Stampin' Up ink 'Summer Sun' ... VIOLA!  


Nuvo 'Yellow' Crystal Drops were used down the side for an accent and since I had a scrap off cut from my background panel I grabbed an old Martha Stewart 'Vine Trim' punch and created an accent panel for the inside.

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


10 comments:

  1. Sunshine, smile and gorgeously crated card, sending cyber hugs to my adopted sis. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous Dar! You've paired all these elements together perfectly, right down to the sunny yellow nuvo drops. The coordinating vine on the inside of the card is a sweet detail too. I confess that I quite often overlook the inside of the cards I make. You've inspired me to try to be more mindful of that. ;0) Thanks for always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this certainly makes me smile, such a sunny card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cheery card, Darlene! Love the colors you chose. The sun sure would be nice in real life, right? LOL Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on Diane's theme, Darlene. Loving the colors and that you got the smile and the sun in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing makes me smile more than brilliant sunshine, so what a great card to send smiles to someone! Love that cute little die-cut sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous and so cheery with the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, don't you just love how a card just comes together just like it was meant to be, great way to combine the two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Yellow makes me happy. Such cute patterned paper on this. Perfect for cards. I have a new stencil that would be great for this, but trigger finger makes everything more difficult. We'll see. Such a pretty and fun card, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Darlene your card is gorgeous. Love the stripes and designer paper. You have captured both elements here with that colourful sun and lovely yellow smile die. Nice touch with the yellow dots. Mine never look that good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.