I'm excited today to let you in on a little secret!
There's a BRAND NEW challenge blog I'd like to tell you about and it just so happens I've been invited to be on the design team! This new challenge is going to be a little bit different from others so you'll want to be sure and check it out! It's called Colorful Options.
Be sure to pop over and read all about it but the short version is as follows:
- Color challenge (any shade of specified color) with a new color each month and if you don't like the color you can always substitute RAINBOW colors.
- This challenge is not for cards only ... they want to see anything crafty you are working on. Knitting, painting, crochet, sewing, multi media ... if you consider it a craft and it's in the color they are looking for, it qualifies.
- Monthly challenge ... starts on 2nd and ends on the 28th.
And they will provide a mood board for INSPIRATION ONLY.
Here's the mood board for January ...
For my creation, I was inspired by the image in the top left corner and blew the dust off my Stampscapes stamps to create my scene.
- I used a circle cut of masking medium and placed it on my white card stock panel before I started sponging on my Tim Holtz oxide distress ink colors.
- I then removed the masking to reveal the moon and stamped my Stampscapes 'Lakeside Cabin' (147-F) using Versafine Onyx ink.
- Next I used a Tombow green (#177) marker to add to the green to the trees and brown (#977) for the cabin and rocks.
- Using a white Gelly Roll pen, I added snow to the roof, trees & grassy area. Also used that same pen to create stars in the sky.
- Lastly I sponged a little more blue (water area) going lighter as I neared the bottom then added my sentiment which is by Pretty Pink Posh 'Thoughtful Greetings'.
I hope you'll come check it out and play along!
Thanks for stopping by!
We also have a new YouTube Channel ... name is: Colorful Options TV
As always . . .