Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Double D Challenge - 6th Birthday!

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY DOUBLE D!

That's right, as hard as it is to believe, our Double D Challenge Blog is beginning it's 6th year in existence!  It seems like only yesterday Diane & I came up with the brilliant idea to start our own challenge blog!!  And here we are ... still having great fun month after month!

So to celebrate the start of our 6th Year,
Diane has created this fun inspiration board . . .


 in case you haven't figured it out (LOL) our challenge theme is:

PARTY BALLOONS
(no hot air balloons please!)


 Of course I had to get my favorite color involved in the party so my card base is PURPLE!  I have this older Clear Scraps Balloon stencil that jumped out to me and said it wanted to be involved in the party!  So I simply used ink that was left on my different colored sponges to get my balloon colors on my white background panel.

Not thinking I didn't measure the white panel I grabbed for my stenciling and as you can see, it came up a little 'short' on the width.  NO PROBLEM ... I simply grabbed my white gelly roll pen and started creating the same doodles that are on my stencil then filled in using various colors of Nuvo Crystal Drops.  My sentiment comes from a Simon Says stamp set called 'Thoughtful Messages'.

We not only have ONE prize this time but we have TWO!!!

PRIZE #1


Prize #2

AND ... A couple of our DT ladies are also offering a prize!
 Be sure to pop over to our Double D Challenge Blog for that information and join the party!!

The design team ladies have created some amazing designs to inspire you!
Be sure to check 'em out and share some love!

Challenges to share in:

As always . . .

 

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful milestone! Can you vote for me at Heartfelt Creations for me to stay on the Design Team? https://submit.jotform.com/submit/213185718174156/
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously FUN balloon card. The stenciling is beautiful as well is the entre design!! I am proud of us and the team that have made our challenge what it is today and still going strong! A big pat on the back to not only us but the entire team with their month after month gorgeous designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you and Diane and your amazing challenge blog! I'm so happy to be a part of this amazing team. Your card definitely looks like a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card and very creative border! LOL the story of our crafting lives, how to turn oops into aah's, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stenciling, you have managed to capture all of the colors and the shading looks great! I think the purple looks great too lol Happy Birthday to the BEST Blog on the net! Thanks for letting me be a part of your wonderful world! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Darlene! Congratulations on your 6th year. The shading on the stenciling is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is a PARTY! I love the stencil and the shading is so real. Congrats for 6 years, has it been that long? I love this challenge and your fabulous ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, can't believe it's 6 years and the best part was meeting you in person.
    Fabulous, love this and the colours are stunning...x
    luv ya Sis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and Happy 6th Year Anniversary. Love these party balloons in flight. Great stenciling. So happy to be a part of the Double D Team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that is great shading on that for using left over inks. I love your design for the border to fill the space, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your 6th Blogaversary, Darlene and Diane. How fun! Your card, as always, is beautiful. Love the happy colours you used for your balloons and confetti. It's bound to put a smile on the recipient's face for sure!
    Enjoy your Friday. May it be the start to a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the confetti background and the slice of DP that continues the theme. Thanks for being such an awesome leader and friend. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Double D!!! Terrific card for the occasion Dar. I hope you are doing okay... It's very cold and hailstoning here right now, even the squirrel is at my window begging for more food Lol! As for my sewing, well the top I did (and I've done a few since) was a matter of drawing lines and then cutting which I found really easy and I think that's down to papercrafting.. measure draw and cut! So not so talented me thinks. Have a super day... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, LOVE what you have done with those colors on the balloon stencil. Those images just jump off the page. GORGEOUS card, and congrats on 6 years and going strong. BEST! DESIGN TEAM! OUT THERE!!!!! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the blog so well and I hope you have something new for me to study.
    មាន់ជល់តាមអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your 6th year!
    great design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very eye catching card with wonderfully vibrant colours.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore January Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.