Sunday, January 30, 2022

Missing my friends . . .


Welcome back and Happy Sunday Everyone!

On this VERY COLD weekend (single digits at night and teens during the day) I decided I needed to make something that would 'brighten' my day and 'warm me up'.  So when I saw the YELLOW challenge over on the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge blog, I knew that was exactly what I was looking for.   Enduring these covid striken winter months has made me really miss my local friends so I think I'll make a couple 'happy cards' and send them in the mail as a surprise.  Just to let them know I'm thinking of them.


With my friends in mind, I'd also like to join in the Time Out Challenge .  Their theme is a Friends Quote and you can use anything within the quote that inspires you.  I've gone with 'Friend' and 'Flowers'.

 

 OH and as I began thinking about my design I remembered the Daring Cardmaker Challenge where they want you to keep it 'In The Frame'

 

 The dies used for my framing are a set by Penny Black called 'Elegant Stitching' (51-440).  I've die cut the two largest dies to create the 'frame'.

My focus flowers come from a January 2021 Hero Arts kit called Flowers & Bees.  I've used both the stamps and dies today.  Sorry this kit is no longer available.

My sentiment are from two different companies ... sentiment in the upper left corner is a stamp from Rubbernecker called 'Good Friends' (642-13) and the sentiments in the lower right corner are from the Simon Says Stamps set called 'Friendly Flowers'.

The flowers were colored using Tombow markers and the corner embellishments are Nuvo 'dandelion yellow' crystal drops.


I think I'll write a message inside and have this ready for Mr. Postman tomorrow.  I know exactly who would really appreciate hearing from me right now ... it's been toooooo long since we've last spoken.

 Have a wonderful day and please stay safe/healthy!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and as always . . .


16 comments:

  1. What a cheerful and bright card! Love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheery card with a beautiful sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty - love the border around the card as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and design. Great showcase.
    Sorry been MIA, it's been very hot here so have been pooling it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Gorgeous, love the stitched frame and the yellow flowers are lovely, perfect for friendship card. Your friend is going to be thrilled with getting this beauty in the mail.
    We too have been very careful with this new surge, only going to the grocery store until this past week, I made a run to JoAnns, it was fairly empty and we went back to church in person yesterday. Thankfully everyone was masked up, Illinois still has mask must be worn inside policy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card, and I love that pop of yellow - so cheery. Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful card and yellow is my favorite color, lovely design and sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card. Love the cheery yellow flowers and your sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the bright feel to your card. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Card makers. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The words are so true and your yellow flowers are so beautiful! I love all colors, but yellow is my favorite, sigh. I love a rainy day in my stamp room. Snow would be good, too, but looks like we might not get any this year. We're lucky if we get one day, and then it's mostly melted by noon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers look great in tellow; so sunny! Thank you for joining us at TIME out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your flowers with the frame behind. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful floral, love the stitched frames around them and love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely, Darlene! Your framed florals are striking in bright yellow and the sentiment is so meaningful. Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare #481.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card. love the floral. thank you for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.