Friday, April 22, 2022

Being inspired . . .

 Hello Friends and Happy Friday!

I don't know about you but I've really been struggling with the lack of crafting mojo! 
For some reason, I'm 'just not feelin' it' lately hence other than my DT work I haven't had much to share here on the blog.  Maybe it's just the fact that our winter has seemed to last SO LONG and even though we get a nice temperature day here & there ... it's just not enough for me at this time in my life.  Even after my latest blood work it shows my Vitamin D levels are way down ... bring on some sunshine!!!

But, after talking to my friend Bette in Illinois, she had a question on something she had seen on Pinterest and after looking at it myself, I decided I would give it a try just using the A6 size card base since that's what I normally use.   HERE is the Pin/card Bette shared with me and here's what I came up with . . .

Card Closed

Front view - partially open

Inside view - partially open

Inside view

The designer papers I have used are from the Mintay 'Graceful' 6x6 pack.

Basically I scored my usual A6 card, then scored the card front in half ...
then scored the one half in half again.

It's not perfect, but it's a good sample and my next one will be better.  

Hope you're having a great day and it looks like my 'sunshine wish' will come true over the weekend as they are calling for 80 degrees & sunshine both Saturday & Sunday.  You know where you'll find me ... yep!  Out on the deck soaking in some Vitamin D.  


3 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Darlene, sorry I haven't been around lately,I lost my MoJo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those cards that keeps on giving! What a beautiful way to use the Mintay paper. It's very inspiring! I like that you left one of the panels blank for writing a message. You did a fabulous job with this fold! I feel the same about the long winter. We've had several rainy days, but sunny today and perhaps through the weekend. I, too, need more than a couple days here and there. Sunny does wonders for the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a gorgeous job with this, those papers are perfect for this fold, and it sounds pretty easy to do that's what I like :)
    Hope you get your mojo back soon, I think we all go through those times when it comes and goes, I have so many family and friends I make cards for that I make myself go in there and make and sometimes they come out good and other times not so much but I always feel better after coming out whether or not I get a card done or how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.