Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Make The Cards Challenge #53

  

Welcome Back Friends!

It's time for a new challenge over on the  Make The Cards Challenge Blog.
Today we have a Technique challenge for you . . .

 

 I LOVE creating ink blended background panels, so this card was a lot of fun to create.  I simply cut my card stock panel to the size I needed then started sponging various colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks using large sponge daubers.  

I had an idea of how I wanted to put a bolder sentiment on the front, so was sure to keep the inside area a little lighter than the outside area.  Once I was happy with my colors, I spritzed the entire panel with water then blotted them off to create the white spots (I love doing that ... I think it looks so cool! lol).

Here's a peek at the inside . . .


For the sentiment on the card front, I have used a stamp set by Honey Bee called 'Sending You Sentiment'  (retiring soon!)

 Sending You Sentiments | 4x8 Stamp Set | RETIRING!

  and for the inside of the card I used a combination of the Birthday from a Simon Says Stamp set called 'Thoughtful Messages' and the Wishes comes from that same Honey Bee set.

Simon Says Clear Stamps THOUGHTFUL MESSAGES SSS101740 Cherished Preview Image

 Another peek at today's card . . .

 

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun ... here's the link for you one more time ...

Make The Cards Challenge

 As always . . .

 

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous background you created. I'm afraid my skills for that are terribly lacking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's a pure delight! I adore the colours! I'm sorry I haven't been around - typing is difficult so I'm trying to do it with only one hand LOL! sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous background, Darlene! It's like viewing a galaxy after eating magic mushrooms. Did I just say that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blended background... I also love to splatter things..sometimes it's myself when I drop my tea! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blending of the colors and like the dark black sentiment against it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.