Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Slimline Cards

 

  Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme, chosen by Sistah Lia is:
 
SLIMLINE CARDS

I must admit, I love the look of slimline cards but don't make many of theme!  That is something I need to remedy and today's challenge is good inspiration!

 For my starting point I told myself to choose one of the drawers that houses my vast array of 12x12 designer papers and pick the sheet of paper that was on the top in that drawer and that would the my starting point.   And, that's exactly what I did. 

This 12x12 panel is an OLD sheet I believe is from the Paper Studio
My flowers are also old and I grabbed a few from a bag I have left over that were die cut for a local stamping show which I helped demonstrate dies for Heartfelt Creations.  This particular stamp is called Botanical Rose.  As I said, this is a very OLD stamp set of theirs and unfortunately it has been discontinued.  You could possibly find it on EBay.  It pairs with Botanical Wings die.

Botanical Rose Cling Stamp Set

 I used TH oxide ink that was left on one of my sponges to color the flowers then shaped them a bit for dimension.  For the centers I've used 'Orange Sherbet' Pops of Color purchased at Scrapbook.com.

 Scrapbook.com - Pops of Color - Pearl - Orange Sherbet - 1oz


The leaf stems are a die by Memory Box called 'climbing vine' (99623).  Also very old so not sure if it's still available.  I've die cut from scraps of white card stock then sponged the tips of the leaves with another green sponge in my drawer of oxide ink sponge daubers just to add a touch of color ... the white was too stark.

The sentiment is from a Stamp Simply stamp set called 'Birthday Blessings'.

Stamp Simply Clear Stamps Birthday Blessings 4x6 Inch Sheet - 10 Pieces

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


7 comments:

  1. What a beauty my friend! Of course I love the flowers and the paper you chose is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card! A great way to use up some of your stash, prettily done on your slimline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the oldies as much as the newbies! It's good to bring them out and use them now and then because we have to justify buying them. You did good on this one, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene. For some reason I am no longer getting your post. I always looked forward to your posts. I was starting to get worried about you and decided to go to an old post that I had saved and send you a message. And there you were with a beautiful slimline card. I guess you have been posting all along, but I am not getting it. How do I get back on your posts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Sis, love the gorgeous heartfelf creations flowers, I need to use mine much more than I have... gorgeous card... love to you and Mark and happy Easter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that is just beautiful, love these colors and the flowers are pretty with there yellow centers, pretty arrangement and they frame your pretty script sentiment so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Darlene what a stunning slimline card. Lovely soft background paper and those flowers are just gorgeous with the pretty coloured centres. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.