Thursday, September 22, 2022

EMBOSS IT


 Happy Thursday All!

The current challenge over on the Try It On Tuesday Challenge Blog is to 'Emboss It'.  Since my Michigan BFF Diane (Nellie's Nest) happens to be their Guest Designer, I thought I'd join in the fun.

I have used a 3D embossing folder by Lisa Horton for the focus of my card and it was water colored using Tombow Markers and an artist brush.  Not real happy with the coloring (should have used watercolor paper for my embossed panel) but I had embossed it earlier with the idea of leaving it white so 'live and learn'.  I was going for Fall colors.

Lisa Horton Crafts - 3D Embossing Folder - Budding Bloom

After coloring, I simply added it to a Moss Green card base and added a die cut sentiment.

Here's a peek at the inside . . .

I have simply used the same markers I used for the front coloring and added lines using a ruler.  Just wanted to add a little something that would tie the inside to the front.
 
A few other challenges to share in are:
Art Impressions Challenge - It's Fall Ya'll
CCEE Stampers Challenge #2237 (JFF) - First day of Autumn

Thanks for stopping by today!
Boy what a difference a day makes!  Upper 80s yesterday and not quite 60 today ...  just that fast, WELCOME FALL!  LOL

 As always . . .


6 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card and embossing folder, I know it's not always easy adding color to an EB folder, but your did an amazing job of it!! Thanks for the shout out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so clever, Dar. I never think about adding those sweet little touches to the inside of my cards. It looks great and it really adds something special. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, you did some gorgeous coloring on that embossing! I love what you did on the inside, too. I definitely thought it was a strip of designer paper at first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Lisa Horton 3D embossing folders. What beautiful colouring of your embossed elements. You did this embossing folder proud and I love how you did the inside. Simple but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with that lovely embossing folder and so beautifully coloured too

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.