Monday, September 26, 2022

Recycled Christmas Card . . .

 


 Happy Monday Friends!

My husband is a very generous man and makes a lot of contributions to several organizations and of course they always (don't ask me why) send something back in appreciation for his generosity.  This time of year it's calendars and Christmas cards.  

Of course since I make my own holiday cards, I try to recycle some of these cards (make them my own) as well as give them to my grandkids to send out to family & friends.  In fact the little old lady that I have befriended at Bob Evans on Sunday mornings was just saying that she needed to be on the look out for holiday cards and I told her I could 'fix her up' so to save her $$.  I have about 30 in a bag to take to her this Sunday lol.

Anyways . . . yesterday I spotted the latest Wednesday challenge over on Simon Says Stamps where the theme is 'Card + Matching Envelope' and thought I would play along.  Since there's only a short time left to join in, I opted to recycle one of these contribution holiday cards ... hope you like it.

First, I cut the image from the contribution card (was a large card ... little bigger than 5x7) and decided to create a tri-fold card design.  I've used gold metallic paper on the front folded panels to showcase this beautiful image.

I thought the inside sentiment they provided was so pretty, I wanted to reuse it on my card.  So I die cut it using a Tutti Designs Scallop Stitched square die and also die cut with the next larger sized die for the gold metallic matting panel.

Lastly was the coordinating envelope.
As I stated, this was a large card and obviously even larger envelope to go with it, but I was able to cut down the size on the image they had on the lower left corner of their envelope, using the next to smallest die from the same TD set.  The flap was a little tricky too since I use square flap envelopes in A6 size.  But I was able to adhere it in such a manner that it can still be sealed securely and I didn't loose the star.

Other challenges to share in:

Krafty Chicks Challenge #630 - All Occasions
Aud Sentiments Challenge #297 - Christmas + A sentiment
Path of Positivity Challenge #104 - ATG (not using the Option)

 I quite happy with the outcome and hope you like it too!

As always ...


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and envelope. Great recycling too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, great way to recycle them and great idea to give to the waitress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Darlene. You know when I want to attempt a CAS card or to upcycle some old cards, I always come to your blog for inspiration. Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I have lots of cards like this, too. I either give them away or mail them when I fall short. Occasionally I do upcycle. Some of them are quite beautiful! I love how you upcycled this one into a fancy fold. Beautifully done, Darlene! ps: I just got done shopping online for postage stamps... it gets more costly every year to mail Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card; great way to recycle those cards coming in the mail! So loved your story of the lady needing some Christmas cards and your generous act of jumping in to accommodate her! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely use of recycled cards. Thank you for taking part in the Christmas Aud Sentiments challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Great way to recycle. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.