Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Beautiful Blossoms in February

 

Hello Friends ...

Welcome back to a new challenge over on the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.


 Here's this months INSPIRATIONAL mood board ...


LOVE the soft pinks & yellows in the inspiration board so that's the colors I chose to use my Creative Expressions 'Fanciful Flowers' embossed front panel card. 


 After embossing a white panel of card stock, I used Tombow markers, water and an artist brush for the coloring on the flowers/leaves.    I've created my sentiment panel by using a scrap of the SU Pink Pirouette card stock I used for my card base.   The sentiment strips are from the Creative Expressions 'Wordies Sentiment Sheets - EVERY DAY'  (CEW002).


A few yellow Nuvo drops and this card is ready to mail to that special Birthday person!

 Here's a friendly rules reminder for this challenge:

  • The challenge will be a Monthly Challenge, starting the 15th of each month and ending the 12th of the following month.
  • The main focus is FLOWERS!
  • A Monthly Mood Board will be provided, you will use it as inspiration.
  • You are limited to 8 entries per challenge.
  • Please link back to us in your entry post and play often!
  Challenges to share in:
  
Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by my blog today ...
I can't express how much it means to me!

As always . . .


13 comments:

  1. So soft and dreamy and you did a beautiful job of coloring in the raised portions of the EB folder, that can be tricky for sure!! A birthday card that will be treasured by the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Birthday Card with a gorgeous embossed background Darlene. The decorated envelope is such a pretty addition. Thanks for a great team project for the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar, the softness you achieved with the combination of Tombow markers and an artist brush makes me want to touch it! The embossed envelope closure adds extra elegance! It always seems like a miracle to me how some people can place the embellishment dots so perfectly, and yours are impeccably spaced! Thanks for featuring the Beautiful Blossoms challenge blog with your masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMWord, Darlene, this is gorgeous! Soft and sweet and pretty with the colors you used and the embossing folder. Funny thing, I just finished a card with this embossing folder specifically for one of your other challenges. I will now look forward to coloring something for this one in these beautiful colors. Your card is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps: I have to add -- the envelope is absolutely divine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning my friend! The soft colors you chose are just perfect for the challenge! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and delicate , I will have a look out for this embossing folder Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, Darlene, this is so beautifully ethereal. I knew you had to have painted it to get it so exact. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene: That embossing panel really gave your card a beautiful background/base. What a pretty design. I didn't know about this challenge, so now I'll have to try to play along when i can. Hope you're having an awesome and creative week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always very grateful to have you join us. Hope you're having an awesome week...creatively and personally.
      Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  10. you did such a lovely job of coloring the pretty embossing and I love the touch of the nuvo drops in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and delicate and beautiful. That embossing folder is gorgeous and your colouring of it stunning. Well done, my friend, another beauty!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.