Wednesday, February 8, 2023

HEARTS at the Sisterhood of Crafters

 

 

  Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme today is:
 
 HEARTS
 
 OMG ... here we are in the Month of Love already!
Today's theme made it the perfect time for me to make a card for my sweet hubby.  A year doesn't go by that he doesn't have a surprise & a card for me.  He quit signing the cards years ago!  I asked him once WHY and his comment was 'Do you have other guys giving you cards of Love?'  LOL ... good point ... enough said!

Anyways, today's card was created using a tag from an OLD set of Crafty Secrets (long time out of business) images for the focus ... background paper from the Paper Studio - Four Seasons paper pack and the blue hearts were die cut from one of the hearts in the Sue Wilson 'Wedding' - Shadow Box Collection.
 
 

 After taking my photos, I decided to use up the left over background paper and cover the flap on the envelope to match.  It's running the wrong direction but I don't think hubby will even notice!  LOL


The little sentiment dies are from that same Sue Wilson die set.  I simply cut them from the scrap of card stock left over from die cutting the hearts and added them to the image.  A little piece of sheer ribbon for the tag tie and my card is all ready to go come Valentine's Day.

  I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!
 
Challenges to share in:
Try it On Tuesday - All you need is Love

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


 

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, vintage images for Valentines are my favorite, they just are the best to me! Love the pretty red paper you used (and I did notice the paper running sideways, of course I did, right? LOL) Oh my hubby signs my cards, but he always includes ALL the cats and dog too, can't forget the fur babies LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the vintage tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, your hubby is too funny :-) But yes, he has a point doesn't he? I wonder at the look of surprise on his face if you'd answered "yes", just to mess with him, of course :-) See, that's the kind of thing I would have done. I have this imp that sits on my shoulder every now and then, and it comes out to play :-)
    Your card is lovely Darlene, and your hubby is going to love it. I love the vintage look of it ... so romantic!
    Enjoy your day, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card for Valentine's Day. This vintage image really is so beautiful for this day. I love the background paper as well as the color combination. The blue hue looks so pretty paired with red and vintage.
    Thank you for participating in the Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hug Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Sis, love the vintage style and design x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely tag you have there, so pretty with it's vintage feel, like how you added the sentiment to it and the embossed hearts are so pretty too, I like how you even matched the envelope to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, Darlene! He appears to be contemplating where his heart wants to lead him and if he should follow. I'm sure your sweet hubby is glad he followed his heart and proposed to you. Lucky guy! I used to have a collection of vintage Valentines. Hmmm... where are they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! So romantic- I love the colours you have used too! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Love the vintage feel you have created...and that pop of blue...perfect!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our “love is in the air” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS489

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Card. Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Tammi, Cupcake Inspirations Challenge DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Card. Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Tammi, Cupcake Inspirations Challenge DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this wonderful vintage tag. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty vintage card for your hubby and, with all those hearts, it's perfect for our love challenge at Everybody Art this week. Thank you for entering! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the vintage feel of this card and the colours are a perfect match.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that tag Darlene and you have showcased it beautifully with the bold coloured hearts and gorgeous background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card. Thank you for joining us over at cupcake Inspirations challenge blog.
    Tammi, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely vintage style Valentine! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Nance, CIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the vintage image you used on this. The blue is fabulous with the red. Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    CIC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.