Saturday, February 25, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Things with Wings

 Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is 'THINGS WITH WINGS'.  

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


I am so happy with how this card turned out!
I've had this Sizzix (#657086) embossing folder for YEARS (sorry!  I see it has been discontinued) and by the looks of this pretty card, I don't use it nearly enough ... will have to remedy that!!
 
 

After running this folder through my machine using bright white card stock, I stamped this very old Stampin' Up  stamp (from the A Cardinal Christmas set ... remember that one?  lol) and proceeded in coloring in using my Tombow Markers.
 

I've popped my image up using dimensional tape and added a few red sequins ... VIOLA! 

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .


 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

12 comments:

  1. I do believe I have that very embossing folder too and not used it! Also already had a bird image out on my desk to colour up So I can’t find any excuses not to play along. Love your beautiful cardinal. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous, love the CAS style. I'm sad to hear that folder is discontinued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Darlene! The cardinal is colored so beautifully and looks amazing with the white embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning. I love that the cardinal shows up so elegantly against the white background. Too bad that folder has retired, it's a beauty, and you have used it beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your beautiful inspiration with us, love the pretty bright red cardinal and lovely design. I love to watch the cardinals at my feeder, makes me think of my Mom every time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore that brilliant cardinal with the stitched oval! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is one of my favorite folders and I've used it often, but yours framing the cardinal is blowing my mind! Your coloring with the Tombows is top notch. What a beauty, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, I just love the embossing and your cardinal is fantastic with it, Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cardinal bird is amazing. I would like to see one in real...I just can't believe that there are birds in totally red color...!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful. That flash of colour from your cardinal onto the white card is so striking and another pretty embossing folder. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an exquisite folder, Darlene! ... and the coloring of that cardinal is amazing! Love this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card with that red cardinal and the embossing folder has framed him perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.