Saturday, February 11, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Hearts/Anniversary

 Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and we're excited to celebrate our 1st Anniversary!

So today's TWIST is 'HEARTS / Anniversary'.  

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


I have used a very old Cuttlebug Hearts embossing folder for the focus of today's card creation.  I used TH distress oxide inks 'Candied Apple' and 'Kitsch Flamingo' to ink up the folder before running it through my embossing machine.  

My 'hugs' sentiment is a die set from Honey Bee and the lower row of 'xoxo' was created using a VERY OLD Martha Stewart alphabet stamp set.

I wanted something a little different so decided to 'round' the upper corners of my card with an old Creative Memories 'corner rounder' left over from my scrapbooking days.

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

We are offering TWO  prizes today in honor of our Anniversary ...

 

 and

 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

Challenges to share in:

AI Challenge - You're my Everything

As You Like it Challenge - Favorite Love or Friendship
(Love using embossing folders and I have the perfect one for the upcoming holiday!)

Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #192 - One or More Hearts
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #667 - Love/Valentine
Creative Knockouts Challenge #487 - Red, White & Pink

As always . . .

 

15 comments:

  1. Stunning and gorgeous card, just adore this and great design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous embossing folder old or not, and love the combination of the pinks and reds together. The mix of the two colors came out very pretty, a perfect hearts card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color combo turned out great, and love that row of xoxoxo on the bottom, I knew there's a reason I've saved all my letter stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effect of inking the embossing folder before running it through! It is neat and the color combos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my dear, that embossed background is just DA BOMB!!! It's a stand-alone and really doesn't need much else. Perfect design here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful distressed heart background. Love the colour combo you used. I still have a drawer filled with old punches from various companies. I've tried to get rid of them when de-stashing, but just can't :-)
    Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I lovelovelove the distressed look of the embossed panel! That is so cool! I never think to use my corner rounder, but it looks really nice and I noticed it first thing. Congratulations on the first anniversary of CYHTP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have this older embossing folder but never thought to use it quite this way! What a fantastic look and beautiful card! Has it been a year already to celebrate this challenge? Time flies! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Darlene and I love the technique and design..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could get to grips with ink and embossing folder technique - it never turns out right. Love the colours you have chosen and the weathered/distress look. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Darlene. I like the embossing folder. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great technique that I havenʻt used in a long time. Thanks so much for sharing your darling card with us over at CRAFT Challenge and for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.