Wednesday, February 22, 2023

DOTS or STRIPES at the Sisterhood of Crafters . . .

 
Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Our theme today is:
 
 DOTS or STRIPES
 
 I was amazed at how many dots/stripes paper packs I had in my stash so creating a card for this theme was NO PROBLEM to say the least lol.  In fact, I should probably make more for my show sale box.  So, today I pulled a couple sheets from the Sunny Studio 'Dots & Stripes Pastels' 6x6 paper pack.  These are 2 sided papers so actually I only used ONE sheet.  The horizontal dotted panel is the flip side of the striped background panel.


For the focus image on my card, I die cut a white circle using a Tutti Designs 'Dotted Nesting Circles' die set from white card stock
 
 
 
then found a scrap of card stock that matched my designer paper well and die cut the Memory Box 'Catalina Wreath' (98189).
 

 To finish off the wreath, I added some prima flowers with Nuvo drop centers.  The butterfly in the center is a 'Royal E-Z rub-on Transfer' which I've had in my stash for YEARS!!  A simple birthday sentiment and this card is ready to put a smile on someone's face.

 I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!



10 comments:

  1. Pretty in pink and so refreshing to see after all our winter drab-i-ness!! (my made up word). Beautifully designed with all the pretty papers and elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A paper pack full of dots and stripes sounds wonderful to me! Love when the front and back coordinate like this. Dots and stripes really do combine well. Love the center wreath with your added flowers and that gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful my friend. It just makes me happy with the pretty flowers and colorful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful my friend. I love the pretty flowers and that cool butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Sis, this is ever so gorgeous, love the combo of those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card and I love the delicate wreath around your butterfully that looks handpainted, I would never have guessed it was a transfer, love it Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, my friend. Love the card design. The papers you used are perfect to showcase the beautiful wreath and the gorgeous butterfly. Love it!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Love that wreath with the beautiful butterfly and flowers, how perfect that the papers have both stripes and dots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Darlene. Such a pretty feminine layout. Lovely the dp and how you have torn the dotty one. Gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.