Saturday, December 9, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Holly

 Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is ...

HOLLY

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  



Today I have used the Spellbinder 'Holiday Floral Swag' embossing folder (#E3D-041) as the focus of my card.  This is a large (5.5 x 8.5) folder, and I make A6 cards so I simply cut my panel then laid it across the top of the folder (vs length wise) and ran it through.
 I used Tombow markers for the coloring.  Some directly to paper, some using water/artist brush to water color for a softer hue.   For my sentiment, I've used one of the sentiment dies from the Hunkydory 'A Holly Jolly Christmas' (#MSTONE035).

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

8 comments:

  1. How clever of you to use this folder as you did. You have truly inspired me to use the folder differently as well. Thank you. I love your card and your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you colored this embossed panel makes for one very pretty card. The variation of dark and light colors looks so festive and fun! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and colored so beautifully, this is one of my favorite EB folders I own and you have shown it to perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have added the color to this beautiful embossing, Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous folder, looks so pretty with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is gorgeous!! You are so good at coloring embossed images. Mine always look sloppy. Great design here and great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty, you did such a great job of coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An admirable embossing folder and love yur colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.