Thursday, December 21, 2023

Taking Time to Play


 Hello Friends ...

WOW!  Christmas is literally right around the corner!
Are you ready?
I think I am!  Gifts are bought & wrapped, fudge was made and distributed, neighborhood party is done for another year ... yep!  I think I'm ready!!

With that being said, I decided to play along in a couple of challenges I spotted on Paper Playful this morning.  They are the sketch challenge over on 'Sweet Sketch Wednesday' as well as the birthday bash going on over on 'The Paper Funday Challenge Blog'.

The sketch I chose from the two offered is this one ...

I've chosen to go with a winter theme as I have a friend who is celebrating a 'winter birthday' so I'm able to design a card for her while having fun playing challenges.  OH and did I mention she love birds?  lol

The image is yet another one from the Penny Black - Christmastime Collection (3.25 x 4.5" size) packs ... this pack is called 'Home for Christmas' ... these images are all fantastic!  I have each set available ... makes for quick card making.


For all my design paper panels, I've dug into my pile of scraps.  Even had to adhere a couple of pieces together to get the size I needed ... can you spot them?  lol    A quick sentiment and VIOLA! 

Here's a peek at the inside of my card ... oh yea ... and a confession!!


CONFESSION:   I originally stamped my inside sentiment directly to the inside of my card but with one 'teeny weeny' mistake . . . I stamped it upside down!   Grrrr!  SO to fix things, I took a separate white card stock panel, cut to size and stamped it again ... would you believe I stamped it upside down AGAIN!!!  Geesh!  Luckily since the panel wasn't adhered yet I was able to flip it over ... add a left over panel from my card front THEN adhere it to the inside covering up my original mistake.  Good Grief!!!  LOL

Anyways ... I hope you're finding time at this busy time of year to take a little ME TIME and do something that makes you happy like I have today!

Other challenges to share in . . .

The Paper Funday December Challenge #60 - ATG w/twist - Snowman and/or Birds
Shopping our Stash #512 - Winter Holidays
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #155 - Christmas Animals or Birds
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Let It Snow

As always, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog
and, if you've left me some love, a double thanks to you!!!


14 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I have several of the Penny Black images just waiting to be made into cards, they make beautiful cards that's for sure, a pretty design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the queen of stamping a sentiment just a little askew...I have a platform to help with that but always think "I can do this" and usually I just can't. I love the design of your card and I too love the birds so this one just speaks to me. Happy Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Darlene, what fabulous images! Love your layering and design, too - that black edge sets all the pretty scenes off perfectly! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful winter wonderland!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "Winter Holiday" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. This is our last challenge for 2023...we look forward to seeing you back in January 2024!!
    Deb Horst, DT #SOS512

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Don't you hate it when you stamp up side down!?! But I always say...no mistakes in card making just reasons for additional layers!! LOL. Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "Winter Holiday" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. This is our last challenge for 2023...we look forward to seeing you back in January 2024!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS512

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Penny black images are so pretty, I love how you used it with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when I get to the point where I can finally relax. I just got there yesterday. We had far too many other things besides Christmas going on this year. Love how your playtime turned out. I must remember to use that pretty snowflake border for next year's cards. Great job making those papers work even with the piecing which I've had to do at times as well. Have mercy, I wouldn't want to count how many times I've made mistakes I've had to fix. Some cards are a not-so-funny comedy of errors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice done..

    Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your card is so stylish, loving the sketch you've followed and the birds are gorgeous. Perfect creation for our Sparkles Christmas challenge. Debs DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Darlene! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your designs soon!
    Happy 2024!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I'm glad you combined the birds theme with the sketch challenge. I love the idea of using a triangle for the background mat and am going to have to use that very soon! Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely wintery birthday card - so cute!

    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Darlene thanks so much for stopping by SSW2. I love your card and it looks like you were one of very few that attempted my sketch. I love the use of triangles something we don't use much in card making. I adore your card totally perfect for a winter birthday. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.