Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Double D - Winter / Snow Scene

 

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
Winter / Snow Scene

and here's an inspiration board I've created to help get you started . . .
 


 I don't know about you, but I truly enjoy creating a scene like I have for today's theme.  I have several stamps that can be used alone or even put together to create some fun & unique scenes.  

Today I've used a couple really old wooden stamps by two different companies ...

 
 
 the other wooden stamp I used, and stamped to the right of the cabin is by Stampabilities 'Snowy Pine' (circa 2002) and I see is still available on Ebay.

 
 
After stamping my scene, I did a little coloring with ink and prisma pencils.  I adhered my scenic panel to a black card base then die cut the largest frame from the  Memory Box 'Wrapped Stitched Frames' #30117 and positioned it atop my scene to 'draw your eye in'.


 
 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation with the lovely snowy scene and just a bit of coloring. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cozy little cabin in the woods scene you have created! AND I'm actually holding it in my hands--it's a beauty! Thank you! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful winter scene, Darlene. Great combination of stamps to create the surroundings. Love the black framed accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I would have guessed it was one big stamp because you've put them together so perfectly. Absolutely beautiful, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful stamp ad I love how you used it here. So cozy and snowy and inviting for the season. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful winter scene you've created Dar! You put those stamps together perfectly and colored them perfectly as well. I thought it was one big stamp too! Thanks so much for the beautiful card you sent. Mine may be late as I just got them mailed out the other day. Merry Christmas to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure looks like a cozy scene for sure, with the fire in the fireplace and a cabin on the lake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.