Saturday, December 23, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Winter

 Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is ...

WINTER

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


Once again, I've gone through all my embossing folders and discovered a cut & emboss set that I have never used and I know I've had this set for at least 5 years.

This set is from Amy Designs and is called 'Vintage Winter'. This was sold through Dies R Us and a company called Find It Trading.  I don't see where it's available there any longer.



The stars across the top (that are 'red' in the image) and the lantern portion of the lamp posts (mine actually only has 3 lamp posts vs the 4 in the image above) have dies embedded in the folder so they cut out when you run it through to emboss.  The circle has a separate die which after cutting out, I decided to cut from a different color blue for my sentiment.  I've also used a strip of that blue color to accent the right side.  I have added a scrap of yellow paper behind my lamp post lanterns for illumination.


My sentiment comes from an older Penny Black stamp set called 'Snowflake Sentiments'.

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty winter scene, wonder what happened to the other lamp post lol, but it still is very beautiful just like it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Darlene, love that folder with the die cutting and the pops of color showing through! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a most beautiful card for a most wonderful challenge. Your deep dive into your stash turned up such a pretty folder. It's so good to pull out the oldies and make them look brand new like this. Cool folder you have up for grabs, too. This stuff just never gets old! Merry Christmas, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card love the great style and design ☻
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a unique embossing folder, I have never seen one like it. I love your design, and the yellow glow of the lanterns is the perfect final touch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.